Wikiposts

Backlog at AHC

Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:29 am
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Backlog at AHC

I have just got off the phone to our agent who has told me that AHC have a backlog at present and it should take 2 to 3 weeks to clear! Anyone else heard of this? Were waiting for a de-facto visa and it was lodged almost 12 weeks ago. So if this is true howcome other de-facto's have been issued with a turn around of 2 weeks?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:42 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Backlog at AHC

doesn't sound good.. it's not the agent bluffing for a bit more time? We had a very fast turn around from the AHC pre-christmas, for a Spouse Visa - sent our Application in during October (I think).. and had to send more info, which we sent start of December - got back the visa/passport in 3 days; total of about 5 working days all up. Have you had a letter yet from the AHC?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:48 am
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what you mean but I'm in an impossible situation. My agent says there is nothing he can do as it's with AHC. We have received NOTHING at all from AHC, not even an acknowledgement (my agent says this is usual) Had we realised how easy the process was I wouldn't have instructed an agent and we would have done it ourselves!! We lodged in November and have still not heard a thing. Stories like yours just make me more an more suspicious of our agent, The only reason we are certain that it is even with AHC is because thay have taken the payment for the visa.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:51 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

hmm... got my fingers crossed for you that you hear something pretty soon...
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Marie_m
I have just got off the phone to our agent who has told me that AHC have a backlog at present and it should take 2 to 3 weeks to clear! Anyone else heard of this? Were waiting for a de-facto visa and it was lodged almost 12 weeks ago. So if this is true howcome other de-facto's have been issued with a turn around of 2 weeks?
In fairness to your agent i think he's telling the truth it seems to be a standard response from AHC unfortunately you cant push them otherwise they get shitty and you could find it takes even longer