Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Back from the UK

Back from the UK

Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Back from the UK

Just got back from a 3 week trip to see mum. Flew with Qantas. Couldnt fault them. Flight out was great, there couldnt have been 50 people on the jumbo. Once the flight was airborne, everyone spread out. I had a whole row of seats to myself, made myself a little bed and slept for 11 hours!!!! Coming back wasnt quite so comfy, the flight was chokkers!!! Security at Heathrow is very tight, queues just to get through passport control, very vigilant. Many were complaining but I would rather the security, just to know that I would be travelling safely!!!
What do I miss about the UK?
How about the fact that it rained almost everyday, grey drizzly rain that penetrates. I forgot that I suffered with arthiritis back home until the dampness penetrated my knees and I was in agony for most the trip.
The roads are completely congested, with nowhere to park, and most people walk round with a frown on their faces.
The newspapers run the same stories all the time..........Macca V Mucca!!

It was good to see my mum, and I was sad to leave her again. I didnt realise just how lonely she is now dad isnt around. Found it even more heartwrenching leaving this time.............but give me good ole Perth anytime...........if only I could get over this wretched jetlag!!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:06 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back from the UK

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Just got back from a 3 week trip to see mum. Flew with Qantas. Couldnt fault them. Flight out was great, there couldnt have been 50 people on the jumbo. Once the flight was airborne, everyone spread out. I had a whole row of seats to myself, made myself a little bed and slept for 11 hours!!!! Coming back wasnt quite so comfy, the flight was chokkers!!! Security at Heathrow is very tight, queues just to get through passport control, very vigilant. Many were complaining but I would rather the security, just to know that I would be travelling safely!!!
What do I miss about the UK?
How about the fact that it rained almost everyday, grey drizzly rain that penetrates. I forgot that I suffered with arthiritis back home until the dampness penetrated my knees and I was in agony for most the trip.
The roads are completely congested, with nowhere to park, and most people walk round with a frown on their faces.
The newspapers run the same stories all the time..........Macca V Mucca!!

It was good to see my mum, and I was sad to leave her again. I didnt realise just how lonely she is now dad isnt around. Found it even more heartwrenching leaving this time.............but give me good ole Perth anytime...........if only I could get over this wretched jetlag!!

you might want to look at that unfortunate typo!

Nice post though
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:07 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
you might want to look at that unfortunate typo!

Nice post though

...ah you found it!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 4:59 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
How about the fact that it rained almost everyday, grey drizzly rain that penetrates.
I know - it's that 'fine' rain that soaks you right through

Glad you had a good trip and hope you get over the jet lag soon. Must be hard to leave your Mum like that. Does she get over to visit?

Jules x
Old Oct 31st 2006, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=julesandco]I know - it's that 'fine' rain that soaks you right through

My Mum used to call it that wet rain

I know what she meant though