Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Back on track, Just a few months to go!!!!

Back on track, Just a few months to go!!!!

Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back on track, Just a few months to go!!!!

I haven't posted on here for a good number of months now, probably since October / November last year and it has been a difficult time I have to say.

If you were trying to sell a house last year you might remember me. We were fortunate enough to sell our house 5 months after going on the market, this all went through in early September last year and we moved in to very nice rental accommodation as we couldn't go straight away to Australia

The euphoria of selling the house and knowing that we were free to eventually go to Australia soon passed and then just before Christmas a relative got really sick and ended up in hospital. This really hit my confidence surrounding the move hard and I really started to question if we were doing the right thing, I was in a rather dark place for a good few months. I could hardly bring myself to look at anything to do with Australia. This hit my wife hard as she remained really upbeat about it.

However since the turn of the year I have been slowly getting my 'bottle' back again and am starting to feel like my old optimistic self. I get nervous like anyone does but I am usually the kind of person that comes up with answers and gets things done and the way I was feeling over November and December really shook me.

I am starting to focus again now and we will be looking at flights soon and the excitement is returning again. I think the fact that I am back on this site again and posting is a good sign.

Maybe I went a little too high after the house sold that I was bound to crash back down again.

Has any one else here been through a period of self doubt like this about the move? I have never really suffered from anxiety before, but this is how it felt!

Last edited by Jon77; Jan 26th 2011 at 3:02 pm.