Reload this Page >

Back from Sydney with dog...

Back from Sydney with dog...

Old Sep 1st 2003, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Back from Sydney with dog...

Hi All,

How you all keeping? Oz is lovely this time of year! First day of spring today I think and its 23 degrees here in Noosa.

Zoe is busy with a Centrelink appointment today so I am here in the internet cafe wasting time looking at jobs etc...

A brief overview of how things are going here in Oz for all of you who are interested.

When we arrived I was looking all over when I went anywhere incase I ' bumped into ' any spiders or creepies - I never did though so dont think its as bad as people make out.

Met a few people who are also expats - Southerners, Irish amongst others. Its nice to speak with others who are in the same boat. Also meeting Jeremy Irons soon (going to give him a ring this week).

Looking at changing my profession. Want to move into Real Estate - seems like a gradual progression from Retail.

Zoe plans on taking up her Teacher training in Feb. We also trying to sort out our wedding which will take place next July.

We are going to get married at Laguna Bay in Noosa and then have the reception at the sails restaurant. Quite informal and relaxed which is how we both want it to be.

We went down to Sydney on Sat to pick up dog. Stayed in the intercontinental hotel which was nice! Took Zoe for a meal on the top floor overlooking the Opera and Bridge - a real treat for us after all the stress of the last 12 months.

We are both MUCH happier here - the family are saving up to visit us so at least we are all on talking terms. Think it probably hit them when we arrived here and phoned them!

The bridge/HArbour in Sydney are beautiful. Never been lucky enough to visit Oz before moving so its all so refreshingly different to me.

Anyway - thats all I can think of at the moment! Will keep you all informed of our movements and will post some pics when I can get them on our PC at home (Which has broken!!!)

Speak soon all - take care ...

Anthony & Zoe
Old Sep 1st 2003, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Anthony,

Glad to hear it's going well. I remember your first post.

Noosa sounds like a lovely place.

Best wishes to you and Zoe in your new home.

Nara
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:00 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default Re: Back from Sydney with dog...

Originally posted by anthonykirby
When we arrived I was looking all over when I went anywhere incase I ' bumped into ' any spiders or creepies - I never did though so dont think its as bad as people make out.
Hehe, I thought I'd be doing that, but forgot all about the spiders when I got here. I stick my feet straight into slippers without a thought. I haven't seen a single spider inside the house yet after a month in the new house.

I just came back from the beach. It's a cooler 12C here with an annoying breeze. There are vegitated sand dunes between my house and the beach. As I was walking through the dunes I heard some rummaging in the bushes next to me. Another bird, I thought. What the hell, I'll stop and have a look to see what it is. A little while later I see this head appear, to me it looks like a snake's head and I guess by the girth that it's got to be 10ft plus, I get a bit scared, tell the dog to stay back, but no the body suddenly ends. It's a gecko type thing, the length of my forearm and 3-4 inches in diameter.

It sure made my heart race seeing that "snake" head appear a couple of feet away from me :scared:

Oh, Anthony get your dog some "heartworm" tablets ASAP. It's a doggy/mosquitto problem that's endemic on the east coast. Prevention is much easier than cure.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to hear things are working out for you both.

footie chick
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great to hear from you both. The weather sounds fab- I can't wait for a 23 degree spring temperature!!
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:53 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

sound beautiful! keep us all informed won't you?
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Its so nice to read your posts and see that you are so much happier.
I used to feel so sad for you when you used to post before you left the UK.
Pleased to read that the family are coming round too.
Good luck Anthony and Zoe.
Whisky
Old Sep 1st 2003, 11:59 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshpom
Hehe, I thought I'd be doing that, but forgot all about the spiders when I got here. I stick my feet straight into slippers without a thought. I haven't seen a single spider inside the house yet after a month in the new house.

I just came back from the beach. It's a cooler 12C here with an annoying breeze. There are vegitated sand dunes between my house and the beach. As I was walking through the dunes I heard some rummaging in the bushes next to me. Another bird, I thought. What the hell, I'll stop and have a look to see what it is. A little while later I see this head appear, to me it looks like a snake's head and I guess by the girth that it's got to be 10ft plus, I get a bit scared, tell the dog to stay back, but no the body suddenly ends. It's a gecko type thing, the length of my forearm and 3-4 inches in diameter.

It sure made my heart race seeing that "snake" head appear a couple of feet away from me :scared:

Oh, Anthony get your dog some "heartworm" tablets ASAP. It's a doggy/mosquitto problem that's endemic on the east coast. Prevention is much easier than cure.
it was probably a BLUE TONGUE lizard, and i hope it was 10 inches , not 10 ft, other wise we are all in trouble....... MM
Old Sep 1st 2003, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice
Smile

Hi Anthony & Zoe

Pleased to hear everything's going well - great to hear from you!! Good news about the family coming over for a vist - good that things are better.

Looking forward to the next update.

Take care,

Bidd
Old Sep 1st 2003, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow !!!! Glad your both so happy...... sounds like a fairy tale.

Best of luck

Mich
Old Sep 1st 2003, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Anthony,

Been following your story, glad to hear you are so much happier.

How was the dog? Did you fly back from Sydney or drive?

I am not looking forward to my "baby" staying in quarantine and then we're not sure whether to have her flown up or if we should hire a camper and drive up. We will probably try to spend a few weeks in Sydney to wait for her and of course see the sights!

Hope everything continues to go well!

Hazel.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear it's going really well and you sound so happy. It must be exciting seeing Oz for the first time and knowing you're not just a tourist - you live there! Noosa is very pretty. My mum grew up very near there.

Best wishes to all three of you (can't forget dog ),

Jo
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:53 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

If you are still in Sydney head over to Watson Bay, and have some food at the restaurant....lovely place.

Yeah I must agree Spring in Sydney is really nice, not so hot, just about right.

I've been noosa and it is a really nice place, not so busy, just mellow yellow, I love the pub on the train station thing if it still there !!!
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

goodwnsherratts is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Hi Anthony and Zoe
Please tell us how the dog is and how it faired in kennels etc, like Hazel I keep thinking about my dog and that plane in a little tiny box frightened to death and missing us hopefully as much as we will miss her. Cant understand why you cant take them on plane with us!!!!
Which carrier have you used and was the process really complicated and of course how much did it cost?

Cheers Jill
:scared:
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by goodwnsherratts
Hi Anthony and Zoe
Please tell us how the dog is and how it faired in kennels etc, like Hazel I keep thinking about my dog and that plane in a little tiny box frightened to death and missing us hopefully as much as we will miss her. Cant understand why you cant take them on plane with us!!!!
Which carrier have you used and was the process really complicated and of course how much did it cost?

Cheers Jill
:scared:

We are using Golden Arrow Shippers.
Telephone 01 588 680 240

Had these recommended from this forum.

Whisky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.