Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bachelors In Australia

Bachelors In Australia

Old May 28th 2015, 6:48 am
Just Joined

praindia82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bachelors In Australia

Do anyone have information about universities in Australia who allow enrolling to bachelors program without any minimum marks or score criteria ,preferably in Queensland.
Old May 28th 2015, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bachelors In Australia

Originally Posted by praindia82
Do anyone have information about universities in Australia who allow enrolling to bachelors program without any minimum marks or score criteria ,preferably in Queensland.
I seriously doubt any kosher university in Australia or worldwide would allow that to happen - much less in Queensland.

I do know of degree mills (one from Pakistan was recently exposed by the NY Times) that do that, but I'm sure that's not what you're looking for
Old May 28th 2015, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I work with a guy who has an MBA. He is completely useless. I can ask where he bought it.
Old May 28th 2015, 11:13 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I work with a guy who has an MBA. He is completely useless. I can ask where he bought it.

I'll have to remember that if/when I get another engineering job and am stuck with knobs.
Old May 28th 2015, 11:47 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xizzles
I seriously doubt any kosher university in Australia or worldwide would allow that to happen - much less in Queensland.

I do know of degree mills (one from Pakistan was recently exposed by the NY Times) that do that, but I'm sure that's not what you're looking for
I seriously doubt that most universities don't have provision for mature students (ie anyone who hasn't just left school clutching their OP (in QLD) score) - The OP needs to decide what degree course they want to do, where they want to do it, and check the University's guidelines for how to enter - usually they'd have to sit some kind of entrance exam.

Of course, if they want to do law/medicine/anything highly oversubscribed, they've probably got absolutely no chance.
Old May 29th 2015, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msmyrtle

I'll have to remember that if/when I get another engineering job and am stuck with knobs.
I'm not lying. I work with a few of these guys, mainly from India with MBA's. I often feel I'm working in a day care centre.
Old May 29th 2015, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I seriously doubt that most universities don't have provision for mature students (ie anyone who hasn't just left school clutching their OP (in QLD) score) - The OP needs to decide what degree course they want to do, where they want to do it, and check the University's guidelines for how to enter - usually they'd have to sit some kind of entrance exam.

Of course, if they want to do law/medicine/anything highly oversubscribed, they've probably got absolutely no chance.
I'm not trying to knock mature students, but even they would be subject to minimum qualifying criteria even if the criteria may not be one's traditional GCE O or A levels, IB or equivalent scores. The OP asked the below:

Old May 29th 2015, 1:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to knock mature students, but even they would be subject to minimum qualifying criteria even if the criteria may not be one's traditional GCE O or A levels, IB or equivalent scores. The OP asked the below:
As a mature student I had to sit an entrance exam and score 80% or higher. I also needed to have proficient English...'cause really, how the hell else are you going to write academic papers if you can't speak/read/write the language?
Old May 29th 2015, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
As a mature student I had to sit an entrance exam and score 80% or higher. I also needed to have proficient English...'cause really, how the hell else are you going to write academic papers if you can't speak/read/write the language?
Thank you Dorothy - that's exactly what I was getting at. For the OP to ask if there were any Universities around that would let someone (mature student or otherwise) in with no requirements, no prerequisites, no qualifying criteria - that just sounds a little fishy to me.
Old May 29th 2015, 2:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
how the hell else are you going to write academic papers if you can't speak/read/write the language?
Google Translate seems to the tool of choice.
Old May 29th 2015, 3:51 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

The minimum qualifying criteria would be the result of the entrance exam

For instance, QUT will look at your work experience -

Even if you don't have any secondary school results or tertiary study, you can still qualify for entry to our courses. QTAC will calculate a rank for you based on your professional qualifications, work experience and life experience. We call this 'alternative entry'.
Alternative entry is about demonstrating that you'll be able to handle university study even if your qualifications and experience don't relate directly to the course you're applying for.
Alternative entry is ideal if you've been working for a number of years and don't have any formal academic qualifications, or if your qualifications don't give you a high enough rank to gain entry to your chosen course.
To apply using alternative entry, you must be aged 17 or older. You can't apply using alternative entry if it's been less than a year since you completed Year 12.
So that would fit the OP's question of 'Do anyone have information about universities in Australia who allow enrolling to bachelors program without any minimum marks or score criteria ,preferably in Queensland.'

Perhaps you could have been a little less dismissive of their question.

Last edited by Dreamy; May 29th 2015 at 3:55 am. Reason: looked up QUT's mature student requirements
Old May 29th 2015, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The minimum qualifying criteria would be the result of the entrance exam

For instance, QUT will look at your work experience -

So that would fit the OP's question of 'Do anyone have information about universities in Australia who allow enrolling to bachelors program without any minimum marks or score criteria ,preferably in Queensland.'

Perhaps you could have been a little less dismissive of their question.
Thank you for pointing that out. I suppose the OP's original question wasn't clear on whether he was applying as a mature student or otherwise, hence my initial response. I therefore stand corrected.
Old May 29th 2015, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs TB was a enters as a mature student in Sydney. She had to have the equivalent of a few credits as Oz didn't count her Korean high school results for muc. So she went to TAFE for 2 yrs first, but crucially she was working full time as well and years of corporate accounting experience. She was a rarity at uni ( I don't think there was an entrance exam as the TAFE stuff counted as that IIRC).

She was already an Oz citizen before enrolling, so no English test, again IIRC, it was a long time ago
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the OP can go to University in Australia without any particular marks.

Have look at open.edu.au

Open Universities Australia is a portal for several Australian Universities in which you can study your degree by distance (even transfer to on campus later if you like).

When you graduate you don't get your degree from Open Universities, you get it from the University that offered that particular degree through the OUA Portal... The exact same as someone on campus.

The Universities you can study at through Open rage, you've got Macquarie University, Monash University, RMIT, Murdoch University, Griffith University, Curtin University, Swinborne University... The list goes on.

There are a rage of Bachelors and Masters (although masters you need a bachelor/grad cert).

There are generally no entry requirements as you don't register your degree until you have completed 2 - 3 subjects with them.

To apply, just go to the open website, find a degree and university that suits and away you go. You can pay for your uni or use HECS/Help to cover the cost of your degree.

Go to www.open.edu.au

Good luck!

Last edited by canadaeh; Jun 3rd 2015 at 12:29 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 4:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadaeh
Actually the OP can go to University in Australia without any particular marks.
Not true
There are generally no entry requirements as you don't register your degree until you have completed 2 - 3 subjects with them.
Again, not true. I am studying through Open Universities (UniSA) and had to meet the same requirements as any other student.
To apply, just go to the open website, find a degree and university that suits and away you go. You can pay for your uni or use HECS/Help to cover the cost of your degree.
Only relevant if the OP is a citizen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.