Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Babysitting in Perth

Babysitting in Perth

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:59 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Babysitting in Perth

No I am not offering

Stormz post has really got me looking forward (in a roundabout way) to all the things we can do in Perth. Now I know there is a lot you can do with kids in tow and you can take them in pubs / resaturants more easily than in the UK.

But what do you do with the kids when you want a night out on your own? I fancy the comedy night and some of the gigs especially.

We are bringing our 8 year old daughter and may try for another kid once we settle. I suppose eventually we will build up a social circle strong enough they will have sleepovers etc.

But how do you get on with finding reliable babysitters?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:01 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Babysitting in Perth

Originally Posted by worzel

Invite the grandparents over?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
No I am not offering

Stormz post has really got me looking forward (in a roundabout way) to all the things we can do in Perth. Now I know there is a lot you can do with kids in tow and you can take them in pubs / resaturants more easily than in the UK.

But what do you do with the kids when you want a night out on your own? I fancy the comedy night and some of the gigs especially.

We are bringing our 8 year old daughter and may try for another kid once we settle. I suppose eventually we will build up a social circle strong enough they will have sleepovers etc.

Our two children were born and brought up here with no relatives at all within 12000 miles. Almost all our babysitting was done on a reciprocal arrangement with friends in similar situations.

You look after theirs and they look after yours.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:30 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickyc
Our two children were born and brought up here with no relatives at all within 12000 miles. Almost all our babysitting was done on a reciprocal arrangement with friends in similar situations.

You look after theirs and they look after yours.
that sounds like a good idea