Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

baby vaccinations

baby vaccinations

Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default baby vaccinations

hi there,does anyone know if a newborn baby has to wait for vaccinations
before flying,my migration agent tells me they can fly straight away{once
they have their visa}i'm not sure on this,also does anyone know how long
it takes to add on child visa,my agent tells me a few weeks,we've had our
visa since feb 2003 so i'm hoping this doesn't cause any problems.
thanks
martin
Old Oct 28th 2005, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: baby vaccinations

Originally Posted by fitz
thanks
martin
When we flew our baby was 12 months but no one from the airline asked whether he had had any of his vaccinations so don't think they're bothered. It may be wise to ask GP though to see if there are any reasons from a medical point of view....
Cheers
Yvonne
Old Oct 28th 2005, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by YFitz
When we flew our baby was 12 months but no one from the airline asked whether he had had any of his vaccinations so don't think they're bothered. It may be wise to ask GP though to see if there are any reasons from a medical point of view....
Cheers
Yvonne

thanks yvonne
Old Oct 28th 2005, 9:38 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
martin
Between the UK and OZ there are no vaccination requirements. If you want benefits when you arrive then you will need to get an exemption (don't know how) or a some additional shots.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

thanks
martin
With regards to the child visa - it is easy to do, you don't need an agent to do it as they will normally charge about £350-£500 and it is very straightforward - just 2 forms (child migration and sponsorship) to fill in and a medical to arrange. If you have any queries on the forms just email DIMIA - I found them extremely helpful. After we sent the forms and medicals our child visas were granted within 2 days! We also got our visas in Feb 2003 and added on our twins in June this year so you shouldn't have any probs (as long as you've validated yourselves, of course!)

Debbie
Old Oct 28th 2005, 5:53 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Secretsquirral
With regards to the child visa - it is easy to do, you don't need an agent to do it as they will normally charge about £350-£500 and it is very straightforward - just 2 forms (child migration and sponsorship) to fill in and a medical to arrange. If you have any queries on the forms just email DIMIA - I found them extremely helpful. After we sent the forms and medicals our child visas were granted within 2 days! We also got our visas in Feb 2003 and added on our twins in June this year so you shouldn't have any probs (as long as you've validated yourselves, of course!)

Debbie
Debbie,
i must sort this out at some time for our daughter.
i will have to get the wife toi do it

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 28th 2005, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by markeh
Debbie,
i must sort this out at some time for our daughter.
i will have to get the wife toi do it

Bye
Mark
Mark, what would you men do without us women to sort you out - honestly its simple enough for even a man to do
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Our midwife in the UK advised that newborn babies should not fly for a few months. Not sure why as she was talking to my hubby. Maybe check with your midwife or Health Visitor as to what they advise.

Katie
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
martin
I wouldnt fly baby within 3 days of any immunisations, as some little ones experience flu-like symptoms following their jabs......not happy little bunnies if they're also in a strange place.

Good luck with everything, and let us know what your health visitor.gp/nurse says.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:58 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Secretsquirral
Mark, what would you men do without us women to sort you out - honestly its simple enough for even a man to do

SS,
It's all about delegation and knowing when to get others to lighten your load

I like to lighten my load with the wife

Bye
Mark