Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baby once has been granted?

Baby once has been granted?

Old Sep 13th 2004, 5:41 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Baby once has been granted?

Hiay all,
we currently hold an independant migration visa , but never had the baby added to the application ( She could have been born in Oz but wife decided to have her in the Uk ). we now need to sort out the visa for the baby.

Has anyone had a baby after the visa, outside Oz abd had to get a visa for him / her?

Help would be appreciated.
Bye Mark

Last edited by markeh; Sep 13th 2004 at 5:44 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Baby once has been granted?

Congratulations firstly! I think if you do a search on the immigration forum, this has been talked about quite a bit in the last few weeks and there might be something of help on the FAQs too. Can't remember the details but I think you can apply for a child sponsered visa or something and they are issued pretty quickly.
Hope you're not having too many sleepless nights!!

HB x
Old Sep 13th 2004, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiay all,
we currently hold an independant migration visa , but never had the baby added to the application ( She could have been born in Oz but wife decided to have her in the Uk ). we now need to sort out the visa for the baby.

Has anyone had a baby after the visa, outside Oz abd had to get a visa for him / her?

Bye Mark
Hi Mark, Congratulations on the new arrival. We are in the same position and have been told to apply for Child sponsor visa which also intails payment of just over £500 I think. Not sure on all details but we downloaded for 40ch to fill in as told this was what form we needed. The only thing we are not sure of is when he has his medical done do we only have a year from that date to get out there like we had to do.

If you get any other information we would love to know more too. Sorry not to be much help but this is all we know at moment.
Lin
Old Sep 13th 2004, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hiay all,

Bye Mark
congrats MArk...what did you have? Give my best to the one that's done all the hard work in all of this too

As before, baby born in UK to parents with PR means sponsoring the child to migrate...and yes, another 500 GBP or so (we're in the same boat now)
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:51 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
congrats MArk...what did you have? Give my best to the one that's done all the hard work in all of this too

As before, baby born in UK to parents with PR means sponsoring the child to migrate...and yes, another 500 GBP or so (we're in the same boat now)
Hiya HoddenPaw,

We had a baby girl
She's now almost 4 months old, been and seen Oz, and took it all in baby fashion (slept, ate & pooped )

I thought i had better sort out her visa now.

I had a look on the DIMMA websit, and "Application for extended eligibility (temporary) visa by a dependant child" looks to be the one. It's also only £135.

Which route are you going?
Have I got it wrong?

Regards
Mark
Old Sep 14th 2004, 12:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I thought i had better sort out her visa now.

I had a look on the DIMMA websit, and "Application for extended eligibility (temporary) visa by a dependant child" looks to be the one. It's also only £135.
Wrong visa. You need to be looking at a Dependent Child (Migration) visa.
Before 1 Nov 2003 you would have been in real trouble as PRs used to have to be 'usually resident' in Australia to sponsor for child visas. Now that requirement has been removed - you just need to be holders of permanent visas.

I presume you're aware that had your child been born in Australia, she would have become an Australian citizen automatically (as you would have PR).

Furthermore - if you did not validate your visas before the baby arrive you must inform the case officer dealing with your PR application. Although if the baby has no health problems, this will not lead to your own PR visas being cancelled.

Jeremy
Old Sep 14th 2004, 9:14 am
Happy Daddy

Originally Posted by JAJ
Wrong visa. You need to be looking at a Dependent Child (Migration) visa.
Before 1 Nov 2003 you would have been in real trouble as PRs used to have to be 'usually resident' in Australia to sponsor for child visas. Now that requirement has been removed - you just need to be holders of permanent visas.

I presume you're aware that had your child been born in Australia, she would have become an Australian citizen automatically (as you would have PR).

Furthermore - if you did not validate your visas before the baby arrive you must inform the case officer dealing with your PR application. Although if the baby has no health problems, this will not lead to your own PR visas being cancelled.

Jeremy
Jeremy,
thanks for the advice. She would have been born n Oz & an Australian, but the wife had high blood pressure & stopped her traveling after the visa was granted!

Looking back she would have prefered to have the baby in Oz she didn't like giving birth in the UK. It wasn't the best of experiences for her.

We may have another child, but he / she will be born in Oz.

Oh well, on with booklet 2 again!

Bye
Mark
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Leonella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw

We had a girl. But she is a big girl now!She was in Sydney !

here is some pictures
Attached Thumbnails Baby once has been granted?-baby.jpg   Baby once has been granted?-piggy8.jpg