Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baby-less flights from AUS to UK

Baby-less flights from AUS to UK

Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

pTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Baby-less flights from AUS to UK

A thread on a US forum linking to a Canadian newspaper's website mentioning Australia brought me to this:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...article2079483

Malaysia Airlines are banning babies from the deluxe cabins of their 747-400's and Airbus A380 (when they go into service).

Want a baby free flight from Sydney to London Heathrow? That'll be AUD 9212.62 please.

The downside of this is that they are only banning <2yr old children from the first class cabins, meaning that children encountering 'the terrible twos' will still be around to pester you.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:09 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all
Default Re: Baby-less flights from AUS to UK

Terrible twos?? - and the terrible threes and fours!!!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:12 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

PMSL - So the under 2's, who generally sleep the whole way and make almost no noise will be missing, but theres nothing to stop the 2-6 year old screamers, crazy fidgetters and seat kickers from being there?

<FAIL>
Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:15 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

EPIC FAIL
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:10 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
EPIC FAIL
Only in the sense they didn't ban people under the age of 18. But I agree - it's a step in the right direction
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:17 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

TUMULTUOUS MISJUDGEMENT

(I'm trying to get an alternative to EPIC FAIL off the ground, bear with me)
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
TUMULTUOUS MISJUDGEMENT

(I'm trying to get an alternative to EPIC FAIL off the ground, bear with me)
It'll never work, far too may letters to type. Perhaps go with Epic Fail+ or Epic Fail 2.0?!
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:27 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tartankoala
It'll never work, far too may letters to type. Perhaps go with Epic Fail+ or Epic Fail 2.0?!
Fair point, LOSING? (I'll try a Sheenism but I don't think it will fly)
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:34 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeadVim
.... LOSING.....
I like it.... I'm gonna use it.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 2:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=132

I know it can be annoying but if someone really really well off travels First Class and they have children why should they be penalised? I mean it's no skin off my nose, my kids are 16 and 18 and I can't afford to travel economy let alone First but I don't like being told what I can or can't do with my money.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt this'll end up with a 4 month old taking the airline to court because their policy is a "gross violation of their human rights".
Old Jun 30th 2011, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tartankoala
No doubt this'll end up with a 4 month old taking the airline to court because their policy is a "gross violation of their human rights".

I would love child free flights. Still reckon they should dedicate one of the economy sections on each flight to over 12's only. Usually by age 12 you can plug them into something and they shut up all the way
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:19 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Fly 1st Class and stick the kids in cattle class with their nanny for company.... as one ex poster on here did.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

it's a bit of a Ryanair publicity campaign I think.

I have flown Malaysian quite a bit for work (so bus class) and First is always empty- when there is a First cabin on the plane. Perhaps a way of trying to fill those seats up?