Reload this Page >

Baby gear, UK style!

Baby gear, UK style!

Old Aug 21st 2010, 3:46 am
Just Joined

mchand11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baby gear, UK style!

Hi gang,
We're about to pop out our first and since moving to Oz have noticed that the good old 'moses basket' style baby bed is not really popular here - but we really want one for our bub.
Does anyone on here have a secondhand moses basket and stand they'd like to sell to us? We can organise shipping at our own expense (obviously) to collect from you - you'd just need to pack it up neatly with some bubble wrap and address it once we've paid.
Get in touch if you're interested! <removed email address> or on here.

Thanks!

Last edited by Centurion; Aug 21st 2010 at 5:03 am. Reason: Removed your email address. Not everyone on the internet is as nice as you :)
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

aries_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baby gear, UK style!

Just a thought, moses baskets are made of whicker/straw etc, can anyone actually send you one of these and get it through customs? wouldn't it have to be declared as such and then fumigated? i wouldn't put my newborn in a chemically treated basket. Apologies if I am wrong, just sprung to mind that's all, good luck in your quest!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

aries_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rough

ignore me, you probably meant buy one from someone more local rather than ship from the UK!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:31 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mchand11
Hi gang,
We're about to pop out our first and since moving to Oz have noticed that the good old 'moses basket' style baby bed is not really popular here - but we really want one for our bub.
Does anyone on here have a secondhand moses basket and stand they'd like to sell to us? We can organise shipping at our own expense (obviously) to collect from you - you'd just need to pack it up neatly with some bubble wrap and address it once we've paid.
Get in touch if you're interested! <removed email address> or on here.

Thanks!

You don't say where abouts in Oz you are but this might be of help, http://www.mothercare.com.au/ you'll be able to get one there and they might do delivery if there's not a store near you.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks! The Mothercare site had two versions a bit cheaper than what I have seen so far - but still considerably more expensive than UK (I think the basic John Lewis one was £29!). Going to keep searching for a second hand one (people only seem to use them for 3-5 months).

Thanks for the tip though - worst case scenario I may just try and get the grandparents to buy it for us!!

Old Aug 21st 2010, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Barnsley to Uxbridge to Southampton and eventually to Iluka....
Gert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really nice

Thanks! The Mothercare site had two versions a bit cheaper than what I have seen so far - but still considerably more expensive than UK (I think the basic John Lewis one was £29!). Going to keep searching for a second hand one (people only seem to use them for 3-5 months).

Thanks for the tip though - worst case scenario I may just try and get the grandparents to buy it for us!!

Hi. We have one and a stand. It is a Mamas and Papas one with cows and bees on I think, I can't remember the name of it now. Its a sherbert orange colour, cream and pale green if I remember rightly. Its packed away in the garage at the moment! It's about three and a half years old but our youngest slept in it for three days, he hated it so its hardly been used.

Where are you? We are in the north of Perth. Once I have dug it out I could take a photo of it for you. We also have other baby stuff including an electronic baby gym and various other baby toys and a high chair if you're interested.

Anyway, let me know.
Jules
Old Aug 21st 2010, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi Gert,

Thanks for your reply! We're is Sydney...I looked into shipping from Perth and it is ridiculously expensive! What a shame....it sounds cute. It's funny to think that after all the effort getting a moses basket our kid may not like it either (once he joins us).
Thanks again for getting in touch anyway - I'm open to east coast offers still!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 12:23 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Baby gear, UK style!

We saw some very nice Moses baskets in "Babies 'R' Us" a few weeks ago. Well priced, too.

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Barnsley to Uxbridge to Southampton and eventually to Iluka....
Gert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really nice

Hi Gert,

Thanks for your reply! We're is Sydney...I looked into shipping from Perth and it is ridiculously expensive! What a shame....it sounds cute. It's funny to think that after all the effort getting a moses basket our kid may not like it either (once he joins us).
Thanks again for getting in touch anyway - I'm open to east coast offers still!
Aaah never mind. Hope you find what you're looking for. My older two really loved their moses baskets and slept in them for about four months. Its just my youngest, he likes to be a bit different!!! Good luck.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
We saw some very nice Moses baskets in "Babies 'R' Us" a few weeks ago. Well priced, too.

Have to agree here that Babies R Us seem to have the best stuff babies, at least in Adelaide where we were. Every where else seemed so unbelievably expensive and nowhere near the choice of UK - no wonder they give a baby bonus here, you need it.

Johnnyyt
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 12:02 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

We bought a lot of stuff second-hand when we were in the UK. This included a Moses basket and a Graco travel system (pram + detachable capsule). We'll be doing the same over here when Bub #2 arrives (due in November).

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 12:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
We bought a lot of stuff second-hand when we were in the UK. This included a Moses basket and a Graco travel system (pram + detachable capsule). We'll be doing the same over here when Bub #2 arrives (due in November).

Oooh major congrats Vash and Mrs Vash!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:32 pm
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Oooh major congrats Vash and Mrs Vash!
Thanks, forgot to mention it earlier.

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

No need to spend a arm and a leg on baby stuff in Aus. This is where we got most of our stuff. And at about $50 a stall, it is probably where I will flog the items again when I am done with it.

http://www.babykidsmarket.com.au/