Baby formula

Old Jun 6th 2004, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

badger63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Baby formula

Hi we a quick question to all those who have had babies in the UK and have managed to obtain their visa’s
What baby formula milk can you get in Australia more importantly in Adelaide?

At the moment Tom (6 Months) is on SMA but if we are unable to get this would like to start him on something we now we can get before we go.

Any information would be much appreciated
Have done a search on this and not a great deal about brands available.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 4:07 pm
mickj

Breast milk is still king Am sure you should be able to get SMA and SIMILAC/CERELAC over there !

Old Jun 6th 2004, 4:35 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by mickj
Breast milk is still king
Mmmm I think you're getting a bit old for that Mick!
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby formula

Totally misinterpreted the title of this thread.
Thought it was about the birds and bees
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:51 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by mickj
Breast milk is still king
Shouldn't that be 'Queen'? Bit of a mixed metaphor otherwise...

Anya.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz
Shouldn't that be 'Queen'? Bit of a mixed metaphor otherwise...

Anya.
Ah, but Anya, you haven't seen Mick in the flesh !!
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:06 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bix
Ah, but Anya, you haven't seen Mick in the flesh !!
Ooooh, has he got a decent pair of man-breasts then?

(Can't wait to have a meaningful chat with him about the supportiveness - or otherwise - of M&S bras)

Anya.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

thanks for highjacking a thread that i was hoping to get information on.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by badger63
thanks for highjacking a thread that i was hoping to get information on.
Sorry Badgers,

Although we don't know the answer we are keeping your thread up the top of the page

We don't want to upset you.

Here was a previous thread where whisky confirmed SMA and other leading brands are available.

Cioa
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baby formula

Hi we a quick question to all those who have had babies in the UK and have managed to obtain their visa’s
What baby formula milk can you get in Australia more importantly in Adelaide?

At the moment Tom (6 Months) is on SMA but if we are unable to get this would like to start him on something we now we can get before we go.

Any information would be much appreciated
Have done a search on this and not a great deal about brands available.

Have you tried phoning the helpline number on your tin. My baby has Farleys and when I phoned the helpline they we able to tell me the name of the equivelent brand in Australia.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:35 pm
mickj

Oi....am going to have you A 6ft:2" Cockney with breasts? I don't think so luv

Originally posted by anya4oz
Ooooh, has he got a decent pair of man-breasts then?

(Can't wait to have a meaningful chat with him about the supportiveness - or otherwise - of M&S bras)

Anya.

Old Jun 6th 2004, 7:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by Bix
Sorry Badgers,

Although we don't know the answer we are keeping your thread up the top of the page

We don't want to upset you.

Here was a previous thread where whisky confirmed SMA and other leading brands are available.

Cioa
Damn it. Just realised I forgot to add the link. Here it is:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=baby+formula
Old Jun 6th 2004, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for the information.
Having looked back seems I may have gone off on one.

Time is getting short and stress levels are rising:scared: :scared:
Old Jun 6th 2004, 8:51 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Thanks everyone for the information.
Having looked back seems I may have gone off on one.

Time is getting short and stress levels are rising:scared: :scared:
Don't worry mate, we've all been there, done that. Fun, innit? Yikes!

FWIW I traveled extensively in my youth and know you can get SMA (or very similar) in some quite some quite uncivilised places - managed to get hold of some on the edge of the Sahara once before taking said babe across said desert in an ancient jeep! So feel quite confident that a top-notch contry like Oz will have it.

For starters, these guys look like they sell it:

http://www.buy-buy-baby.com.au/produ...cat=22&start=1

Good luck with the quest & have fun in Adelaide.

Anya.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 9:43 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

I was in Adelaide in February with my daughter and (almost) one year old grandson. We didn't want to switch him to cows milk just before such a major change so stuck with formula till we got back.

We found the supermarkets and chemists stocked an SMA-equivalent (can't remember what it was called but made by the same company) that was fine for my grandson.

Worth knowing though that they don't seem to do ready made up baby milk cartons like you get here in the UK - we had to buy sachets of powder for travelling and make it with water in the bottle as needed.

Elaine M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.