Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baby food on flights - be careful !!

Baby food on flights - be careful !!

Old Sep 20th 2004, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

lock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Baby food on flights - be careful !!

Just rediscovered this forum, and thought this might be of interest to some, we arrived here in SA around 18 months ago now, and despite checking the AQIS website with regard to what we could and could not carry on the plane the helpful :scared: people at customs when going through our luggage when we landed, shell shocked and shattered with a 9 month baby pounced on a jar of baby food.

Yes - baby food, there were a few, but the one that interested them had banana in it. and for the task of confiscating and destroying that jar of baby food they charged us SIXTY dollars

Had I known that I would have eaten the stuff myself ....

Paul
Old Sep 20th 2004, 2:28 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Baby food on flights - be careful !!

You should have opened it up right there and then a gobbled it all up. :scared: Unreal, eh. This is the stuff I appreciate, so I am prepared because when I travel next year my three boys will still be under age 5 and I have three of them. Anything to make the journey that bit easier is helpful. I must admit I am dreading it already, my eldest can't sit on his bum for 1 minute and one of the many reasons for going to oz is he just cant stay in house. But when the weather is wild and pissing down, in the usual small houses in UK, I'm afraid I well, eh still chuck him out to the wind and rain regardless, thats how much he does me head in, hee hee. Terrible, I know.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 3:13 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baby food on flights - be careful !!

A very timely post as we are off to Adelaide tomorrow with a 5 month old who is currently WAILING in his cot...I cant WAIT to see the look on the other passengers faces when we sit down tomorrow!

Ill make sure I have no baby food when I arrive in Oz!

Thanks
Lucy
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

lock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baby food on flights - be careful !!

Having been on the receiving end of babies on planes it was quite a novelty to be the one causing the pained looks on the faces of everyone around us.
That said Kimberley was a good as gold from London to Singapore and horrible from Singapore to Adelaide she just did not want to lie down anymore.

Being fiirst one and off the plane was good and a little bit of extra leg room.

Qantas made a mistake and gave her a lugage allowance on her ticket which we argued for and got - especially when it was doubled up to 40kg !

Paul

Last edited by lock collector; Sep 20th 2004 at 10:43 pm.