Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baby Car Seats???????

Baby Car Seats???????

Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all
Question Baby Car Seats???????

Hi, I've got an 18 month old daughter and dont know how to go about getting a car seat for her when we land in Perth

I have got one here that I could put in the container but I dont know what to use in the mean time. Will the one I have here be OK to use in Perth when the container gets there?

Sorry for all the questions!!!!!

Hayley
Old Apr 28th 2007, 8:32 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby Car Seats???????

Originally Posted by UK2Perth
Hi, I've got an 18 month old daughter and dont know how to go about getting a car seat for her when we land in Perth

I have got one here that I could put in the container but I dont know what to use in the mean time. Will the one I have here be OK to use in Perth when the container gets there?

Hayley
Hmmm.. perth is small, but it does have shops. You can get them with hire cars, but typical $5 a day, so look to buy one soonish.

UK seats don't have the Aus kite mark, so not valid. There was a thread less than a week ago on this.

List of baby stuff hire companies in WA

http://www.bubhub.com.au/serviceshirewa.shtml
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:22 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby Car Seats???????

Originally Posted by UK2Perth

Hayley
Hi Hayley

The chances are your car seat will not comply with Australian regulations.
The Aussie seat have a strap fromt eh centre of the rear of the seat to an anchor point, either on the parcel shelf (saloon car) or in the boot (hatchback & 4X4's etc).

Australian Standard
By law, every child restraint sold in Australia must meet strict requirements on its construction and performance.
These requirements are set out in the Australian Standard (AS 1754-2000) and cover materials, design, construction, performance, testing and labelling of child restraints. The standard is strictly enforced and recognised as one of the highest standards in the world.
Every restraint sold must carry the Australian Standards Mark. This symbol certifies that the restraint fully meets the standard.

Here's some reading from the RAC web site that may help.
http://rac.com.au/index.cfm?objectid...DBC7BDA824DBCF

Just remember, if you buy an older car when you get here, there may not be an anchor point fitted and you'll have to have the car modified prefessionally to get one fitted.

Here's some more info from Roadwise
http://www.childcarrestraints.com.au/

Hope this helps.

Neil.