Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Babies names - 2004

Babies names - 2004

Old Jan 6th 2005, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default Babies names - 2004

I kept my place at No. 4 !

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/special...names_boys.asp

Jim
Old Jan 6th 2005, 7:53 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Babies names - 2004

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
Hmmmm....

The UK census appears to think that we don't give our babies names in Scotland.

So here's the top 10 Scottish names for last year.

http://www.baby-names.co.uk/scotland.html
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point

My Poor boys!

They both have very common names Jack & Harry !!

But growing up with my strange name I was determined to not let my kids suffer the trauma of spelling their blinkin name all the bloody time

Daihla

Ps and now I am married I have another pain in the arse name McGinty!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:53 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Out of all 3 of my kids....i thought my middle one would have had the most common one of all of them. His name's Darryl...I've only heard of one other Darryl here in pompey....I thought there'd be loads. My eldest is Jake, when he was born there wasn't ANY....but now the place is teeming with 'em My youngest is Katie...there weren't that many of them either when she was born but now there's billions!
Mind you I didn't want any of my kids to suffer at school like I did.....that bloody Blue Peter dog has a lot to answer for!!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
Mind you I didn't want any of my kids to suffer at school like I did.....that bloody Blue Peter dog has a lot to answer for!!

NOT SHEP!!

kaz
Old Jan 6th 2005, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
NOT SHEP!!

kaz
Please stop..... I nearly fell out of my chair at work !!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 9:07 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

HA!!!!!!!..........no
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Same as Artep...when I had my 2 boys I wanted something 'uncommon' Toby (who is almost 18) comes in at number 50 whilst jake (who is 14) is number 26!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:23 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
That has gotta be the strangest thing, honestly who has ever heard of child called Jayden (nothing against the name but I have never heard of it) so how did it get in the top 100?????????????????

Kala
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
That has gotta be the strangest thing, honestly who has ever heard of child called Jayden (nothing against the name but I have never heard of it) so how did it get in the top 100?????????????????

Kala
My mate at work in Brisbane has a 6 year old grandson called Jayden - I'd never ever heard the name before that though!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:37 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My mate at work in Brisbane has a 6 year old grandson called Jayden - I'd never ever heard the name before that though!

Exactly, I'm sure not many people know someone caled Jayden and it is at number 94 or something, weird
Old Jan 6th 2005, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Is there an Aussie version top 100 hundred names? Must get planning only 140 days to go, or something!

Called our little boy Jed as we thought it was pretty unusual here in the UK. Turns out it's a lot more popular in Oz - well must have been a sign!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 2:10 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Is there an Aussie version top 100 hundred names? Must get planning only 140 days to go, or something!

Called our little boy Jed as we thought it was pretty unusual here in the UK. Turns out it's a lot more popular in Oz - well must have been a sign!

Sorry to say this but including my cat
Old Jan 6th 2005, 2:22 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - Looks like I did ok when I chose Jonah's name eh?

Not even a whisper of it in the Top 100!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 2:56 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I looked into websites for popular Australian names for boys and girls some months back to see how our three darlings would fare. Turned out their names were all in the top 20 (Amy most popular at about 4th, Zoe about 13th and Izzy about 19th from recollection!) As you can see the boy section wasn't really relevant for me so can't relay the details.

Binbird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.