BA Economy

Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default BA Economy

I've just been doing some internet trawling for flight prices to Perth in July (for my parents to come and visit us). BA are charging £23K for 2 economy return flights from Glasgow to Perth on the 8th July!!!!!! I am amazed they can get away with this :scared: . Emirates is £800 each, so how on earth can they justify that price??
TJ
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:16 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA Economy

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
I've just been doing some internet trawling for flight prices to Perth in July (for my parents to come and visit us). BA are charging £23K for 2 economy return flights from Glasgow to Perth on the 8th July!!!!!! I am amazed they can get away with this :scared: . Emirates is £800 each, so how on earth can they justify that price??
TJ
£800 also sounds way too high for July.

Airlines always have these prices as their 'regular' fare. In reality tickets are always discounted and usually sold on to 'bucket shops' who actually sell them.

Try someone like this:

http://www.airline-network.co.uk/

G
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:20 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

Airlines always have these prices as their 'regular' fare. In reality tickets are always discounted and usually sold on to 'bucket shops' who actually sell them.

Try someone like this:

G
The airline network quote about £1100 from Glasgow with BA.

G
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:29 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: BA Economy

TJ
I had to look twice at this.........I take it you meant £2300 and not 23K ! ! !

R.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:09 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

TJ

In a free market economy they don't have to "justify" anything. At the same time you as the customer are perfectly free to obtain the service elsewhere if the price/service mix is better.

Jeremy
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

TJ
IMO...BA longhaul are rubbish..we flew to New York with them - certainly wouldn't do that again.

I flew out here with Singapore - they are excellant - and no more expensive than anyone else.

Also flown with Emirates - who are good too, but SA better I think.

Last edited by carolinegorka; Jan 28th 2006 at 2:22 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:19 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
IMO...BA longhaul are rubbish..we flew to New York with them - certainly wouldn't do that again.

I flew out here with Singapore - they are excellant - and no more expensive than anyone else.

Also flown wit Emirates - who are good too, but SA better I think.
I also flew to New York with them, never again unless I have no choice.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
I also flew to New York with them, never again unless I have no choice.
Yep..crap.

What are you doing out of bed?

What am I doing out of bed ?

Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:21 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

Try someone like this:

G
Just kept hold of that link thanks G x
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:22 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Also flown wit Emirates - who are good too, but SA better I think.
Agreed.

Flew BA Economy to Los Angeles at Christmas.

Their slogan could be : "British Airways Economy : we make an hour seem like a lifetime"

Their staff are actually really personable, it's just that the structure they have to work within is rubbish. Not to mention tiny seats.

Can personally recommend Malaysian Airlines as another good choice.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for them and I agree

You are paying alot for the domestic part of the flight Glasgow - Heathrow.

Also BA don't fly into Perth so you'll be changing planes somewhere and getting Qantas to Perth.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Issie
Just kept hold of that link thanks G x
I've used that company many times when I was living in the UK...great..never any problems & cheap deals.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:26 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

I've used that company many times when I was living in the UK...great..never any problems & cheap deals.

Good to know ..thanks Caz
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mackinnon

Their staff are actually really personable, it's just that the structure they have to work within is rubbish. Not to mention tiny seats.
Perfectly put.

We get embarrassed with the product we are lumbered with
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:31 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy
Perfectly put.

We get embarrassed with the product we are lumbered with
If it was a case of nice staff, I'd go British Airways economy every time.

I believe British Airways business class is rated very highly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.