BA Club Class

Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:40 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default BA Club Class

Apparently they have power sockets for laptops in Club Class - does anyone know if the power sockets take the normal (UK) three pin plugs?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:49 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA Club Class

Originally Posted by wargod
Apparently they have power sockets for laptops in Club Class - does anyone know if the power sockets take the normal (UK) three pin plugs?
Last time I flew with them it was those airline power adapter thingies that targus sell for about 120 quid !. Phone them and check and check the specific flight you are on because it'll depend on the seat config.

BA business class is the nuts , Cathay long-haul bus-class is just about the best but BA is pretty good too. Qantas Bus-class updated seats has power plug sockets for all plugs except UK ones - then you need to use a UK->Aus or uK->US adapter to convert.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:12 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Last time I flew with them it was those airline power adapter thingies that targus sell for about 120 quid !. Phone them and check and check the specific flight you are on because it'll depend on the seat config.

BA business class is the nuts , Cathay long-haul bus-class is just about the best but BA is pretty good too. Qantas Bus-class updated seats has power plug sockets for all plugs except UK ones - then you need to use a UK->Aus or uK->US adapter to convert.
We went with BA as they have the fully flat lie down bed jobbies - the take off time is pants though!!!

120 squid - having a laugh !!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:25 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that in first and club an adaptor is provided - but check. And CHECK CHECK CHECK that the output polarity etc is correct..........

(I don't speak from bitter experience, but I couldn't work out the required polarity of my laptop last time I flew so chickened out of plugging it in!)
Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:26 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a targus thingy because my qantas to LA flight had the old qantas seats in it - its a 'boeing' adapter , targus are theonly people I know that sell them and it was 299$US - on expenses otherwise I wouldnt have bought it.

Try Tandyif you are still in UK.

Going business class is beautiful we did it iwth the 2 kids with Cathay and it makes the whole thing just so much nicer. We would quite happily have stayed on that first plane for another couple of days ;-).

If you go via hong kong the BA lounge is crap - but Cathay lounge is great. Dont think the BA lounge has showers but Cathay's is the best in the world - Cathay and BA are in the same club thing one-world as are quantas - if you can blag entry to Cathay lougne instead of BA lounge then do it -its 2 trillion times better. One of htem 'the wing' I think has a whole room of ps2's complete with 2 rally car setups ... great fun to while away a few hours, free wifi broadband, and great food in the noodle bar.

BA Lounge is smallish - free drinks + nibbles, not sure about showers.

Only thing with those BA setas is you have to face each other ;-)
Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:44 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's 'British' Airways so I would think so
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:05 pm
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

You need a special adaptor, a regular plug did not work on the last few BA flights I have taken.

But double check you are going to be flying on a BA plane rather than a Quantas plane due to a code share.

Remember you will be stopping over somewhere (Bangkok or Sing I expect), and you can get some zip in your batteries there.

Another thing you can do, is to charge your PC in the toilet, as they usually have a US style plug for a shaver in there. I left my PC in there for an hour when everybody else ws asleep.

Last edited by adriang; Dec 20th 2005 at 12:29 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:25 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

We went with BA as they have the fully flat lie down bed jobbies - the take off time is pants though!!!

120 squid - having a laugh !!
Hi Wargod, not got any info re laptop just wondering who you booked your flights with did you have to pay full price?

Possoms
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:26 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen

Emirates business class on the new A340-500 really looks amazing and also provides a power socket in-chair for your laptop AND will also soon be offering an onboard wireless LAN (for a charge) which will let you browse the net, use Skype etc etc.

Emirates business is also VERY reasonably priced. BA is astronomically priced (for a route that takes you with BA all the way). One major advantage over the competition with BA is that the sleepers recline to a complete horizontal level, whereas most of the other airlines offer "almost" horizontal.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:32 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by possoms
who you booked your flights with did you have to pay full price?

Possoms
My brother in law gets family discount with BA - lets just say we got a VERY VERY good price on club seats
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say it's a hell of a lot cheaper to buy a handful of spare batteries for your laptop and sit in the cheap seats at the back!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:12 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I was actually pleased to get away from a computer for a while - never thought about using one on the plane - give yourself a break from it then teh whole socket thing doesn't matter
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

On most flight the adaptor is provided but best to take your own...as a former BA cart tart (it's been 4 yrs since I left) but believe it's still the same.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:21 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TruBrit
On most flight the adaptor is provided but best to take your own...as a former BA cart tart (it's been 4 yrs since I left) but believe it's still the same.
I flew in from Tokyo on BA Club on Wednesday, you have to buy one from the inflight duty free catalogue.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:01 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

My brother in law gets family discount with BA - lets just say we got a VERY VERY good price on club seats
ahhh good call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.