Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

B&B's in the Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley?

B&B's in the Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley?

Old May 31st 2005, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

easygroove is on a distinguished road
Talking B&B's in the Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley?

Has anyone got any recommendations for accommodation in either of these two spots?

Thanks
Old May 31st 2005, 2:46 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B&B's in the Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley?

It's not a B&B, but I'd recommend the Carrington Hotel in the Blue Mountains (Katoomba):

http://www.thecarrington.com.au/

You can get 'traditional' rooms, which means the bathrooms are at the end of the hall. Cheap, clean, comfortable. But the added benefit of being in a hotel (with bar, restaurant etc), rather than a B&B.

GG

Originally Posted by easygroove
Has anyone got any recommendations for accommodation in either of these two spots?

Thanks
Old May 31st 2005, 2:52 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by easygroove

Thanks
2 places we've had recos for in the Hunter are Shakey Tables and Cambridge Retreat. We've never made it to either although have tried to book and one and had to cancel a booking at the other. The place we last stayed in was alright but a little remote, meant I was the nominated driver and had to ferry the other 3 winos around all day. I made up for it later though.
Old May 31st 2005, 4:10 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I have stayed at Leura House which was a gorgeous old guesthouse. It does a fantastic Christmas in July and I can recommend it.
Old May 31st 2005, 6:00 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Hels
I have stayed at Leura House which was a gorgeous old guesthouse. It does a fantastic Christmas in July and I can recommend it.
Ditto that.

To be honest so much to choose from in both places, you will book a fab one then get there and see another dozen fab ones which means you will have to go back

Have a good trip, most envious.

M