Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AWA - It's a little worrying isn't it?

AWA - It's a little worrying isn't it?

Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:02 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default AWA - It's a little worrying isn't it?

Browsing SMH website this morning and found this...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...778912357.html

I've heard a lot about this AWA thing but the clauses in this girls contract look disgraceful! Hope she wins her legal battle.

I get the impression that pressure is growing in Oz to review/scrap the AWA - anybody got first hand experience? Are clauses like these 'normal'??

Graham
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:07 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AWA - It's a little worrying isn't it?

"In saying that to my employer, she became very intimidating, very threatening, and basically embarrassed me in front of a whole heap of people.

"Breaking through to a male dominant industry is hard enough as it is without having me in the middle of the corridor howling like a baby from some of the stuff she said to me.

"She said stuff to the effect that she would personally go out of her way to destroy me and make sure I never entered onto another Hunter [Valley] mine site again if I did not sign the AWA."

Woah boy would I like to be her solicitor. Or the fly on the wall when this manager gets his/her balls ripped off by inhouse legal team.