Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Avionics technician/aircraft electrician

Avionics technician/aircraft electrician

Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Avionics technician/aircraft electrician

We are hoping to emigrate to Australia within the next year and we were hoping someone could give us some info on how the job market is for avionics technicians/aircraft electricians? We are hoping to go to the Gold Coast/Brisbane area (we have family there) but would also consider other areas in Australia. Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:36 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Avionics technician/aircraft electrician

Careerone is a great source for Aircraft Trade jobs as it lists everything from "The Australian' which advertises all aircraft trade jobs on a Friday.

Heres the latest - good luck with getting in the Gold Coast though - thats a tough one. Brisbane airport should be pretty easy though - they always seem to be on the hunt

CareerOne Aircraft Trade Jobs

Rach
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Mrs Jackaroo. My OH is happy to commute so if he does get a job at Brissy Airport I think it's only an hour or so drive from the GC (from what I can remember!)
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:04 pm

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GillyG
Cheers Mrs Jackaroo. My OH is happy to commute so if he does get a job at Brissy Airport I think it's only an hour or so drive from the GC (from what I can remember!)
Yep we're thinking that that may be an option for us too. Ideally we dont want to do that though. Living 20 mins from work and the beach would be great so we could head to the beach after work - something that we miss at the moment being an hour from the coast in NSW
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Yep we're thinking that that may be an option for us too. Ideally we dont want to do that though. Living 20 mins from work and the beach would be great so we could head to the beach after work - something that we miss at the moment being an hour from the coast in NSW
Ar you or your OH working in Avionics at the moment?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:16 pm

Ar you or your OH working in Avionics at the moment?
No other half works for Qantas as a Airframe Fitter - so within the same area
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

No other half works for Qantas as a Airframe Fitter - so within the same area
Ok, don't know what that is but I'll take your word it's in the same field! Don't suppose you have any rough ideas of how much a avionic technician/ aircraft electrician could earn in Australia? Feel free to PM me if it's a banned topic of discussion!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:28 pm

Ok, don't know what that is but I'll take your word it's in the same field! Don't suppose you have any rough ideas of how much a avionic technician/ aircraft electrician could earn in Australia? Feel free to PM me if it's a banned topic of discussion!
I've a feeling its around the same as an Aiframe Fitter (not good sorry!) which can start at around $42k. Hubby is now on $55k but with lots of overtime he almost doubles that - be great if he didnt have to put the overtime in though

Heres a thread that was running recently that you may find some useful info in:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507432
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've a feeling its around the same as an Aiframe Fitter (not good sorry!) which can start at around $42k. Hubby is now on $55k but with lots of overtime he almost doubles that - be great if he didnt have to put the overtime in though

Heres a thread that was running recently that you may find some useful info in:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507432
$42000...that's shocking! My OH can earn around £50000 ($100000) here in the UK! Oh well we're not moving for the money but it does help to make the beaches and sunshine more pleasurable
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:34 am

$42000...that's shocking! My OH can earn around £50000 ($100000) here in the UK! Oh well we're not moving for the money but it does help to make the beaches and sunshine more pleasurable
Jesus thats a lot! Is that contracting? If thats a standard wage in the UK then maybe he'd earn more out here - not sure? I'll ask hubby when he gets home later and let you know
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Jesus thats a lot! Is that contracting? If thats a standard wage in the UK then maybe he'd earn more out here - not sure? I'll ask hubby when he gets home later and let you know
Yeah he is contracting so the money is better (usually between £15-20 per hour). Would be good to know what your hubby says. Talk soon, thanks x
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:56 am

Yeah he is contracting so the money is better (usually between £15-20 per hour). Would be good to know what your hubby says. Talk soon, thanks x
Just asked hubby and he said they're all paid pretty much the same, airframe, avionics, propulsion.

If your hubby was to contract here (and there is loads of work by all accounts but obviously A LOT more travelling - away for long periods too possibly) he'd be looking at around $30 - $40 per hour. But for non contract he'd be looking at around $25-$30 per hour. Those that pay more generally dont offer unlimited overtime - we're lucky in that where we are at the moment he can do as much or as little over time as he likes

This site will give you an idea of whats available contract wise:

http://www.aviationlabour.com.au/index.html

HTH

Rach
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

d020775 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

sorry to but in like this but I am also an aircraft electrician and happy to see someone in the same boat as I. I am currently in the process of leaving the royal navy and my wife and I are waiting for a response to our visa application.

Thanks for the links to the job sites. we are also looking to move to queensland. I have wondered several times where the main areas are to work in. want to get a job before i get out there if i can. willing to work contract or perm.

thanks again for the info and letting me join your conversation.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by d020775
Hi there

sorry to but in like this but I am also an aircraft electrician and happy to see someone in the same boat as I. I am currently in the process of leaving the royal navy and my wife and I are waiting for a response to our visa application.

Thanks for the links to the job sites. we are also looking to move to queensland. I have wondered several times where the main areas are to work in. want to get a job before i get out there if i can. willing to work contract or perm.

thanks again for the info and letting me join your conversation.
Hi

Good luck with your Visa ap At the moment it seems that Brisbane Airport is the most in need of aircraft trades although Airflite in Perth are also on the look out fairly regularly - they're heading to South Africa soon on a recruitment drive.

http://www.airflite.com.au/

Aussie Aerspace is also a good option

http://www.bfound.net/login.aspx?CoId=1085
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am also hoping to get my visa application lodged very soon, I have already got my TRA.
I currently work within the aerospace industry as a airframe fitter and hope to continue in this field if I am successful in getting a visa. So really interested in this thread and all work in the aircraft industry in Australia.

Thanks Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.