AVIATION JOBS

Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:14 am
Just Joined

craigwills is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation AVIATION JOBS

Hi,
moved over to oz not long ago and was wondering what the best aviation agency is in oz. Also were are the aircraft manufacturing companys based here in oz i.e boeing.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:33 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AVIATION JOBS

Hiya

Boeing and most aircraft stuff is in queensland, however you also have JTS, used to be old Ansette Asutralia shop, in Melbourne and there's a quantas down there.

Contract or permie? It's easy to find all the eagencies if you surf for a bit. Do you have a preference? Where are you living now? I have some contacts if you're seriously interested

est xxx
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:15 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Basically there is no such thing as a "connie" down here. There is a company called Forstaff that are linked with QF at Avalon for their heavy checks, which is the nearest thing to an agency down here. Lots of small operators around, especially in the more regional areas. Have a look at REX or NationalJet.
At the momment I'd say try and avoid QF as things aren't good there in the Engineering department. Have a look on Pprune in the D&G section for some idea. The industrail relations over there (and Oz in general) are like something from 80s UK with looking to strike at the drop of hat. Currently looking banging on about striking due to Heavy Maintenance being done overseas and some dodgy excuses for striking. You will also have problems as a civvie on the miltary fleet as most of the jobs are for Citizens only due to the security clearances.
Most of the foreign airlines in SYD such as VS, CX, EK, EY and UA have their own line maintenance guys and believe that is the same at most of their ports. There is another company called AMSA who look after SQ, but wouldn't really recommend them as their terms and conditions are pretty low. Virgin Blue have just taken over JetCare to become Virgin Tech and they maybe your best bet. The best place for job ads is "The Australian" newspaper on Fridays which has an Aviation section which you can to subscribe to to get a PDF version.
If you are Licensed as well, CASA are changing over to a Part66 system in the near future which (hopefully) make changing from a EASA to CASA licence a lot easier. Also on the plus side Aircraft Engineer is now on the MODL.
Hope that helps.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:34 am
S4T
Adelaide

S4T will become famous soon enough

Where are you? As the company I work for based in Adelaide is on the outlook for AMEs.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

mikelingelo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S4T
Where are you? As the company I work for based in Adelaide is on the outlook for AMEs.
We are moving to Adelaide in Jan 2008 (or earlier job permitting) OH currently working for Emirates as Line Maintenance engineer. Would appreciate any help with finding suitable employment.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:27 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S4T
S4T.....I've PM'd you. May know someone looking for work in ADL.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by welshviking
Hiya

Boeing and most aircraft stuff is in queensland, however you also have JTS, used to be old Ansette Asutralia shop, in Melbourne and there's a quantas down there.

Contract or permie? It's easy to find all the eagencies if you surf for a bit. Do you have a preference? Where are you living now? I have some contacts if you're seriously interested

est xxx
I AM LIVING IN CAIRNS AT THE MO MATE BEEN IN OZ ABOUT A YEAR, NOTICE UR NAME WELSHVIKING,SO YOU MUST BE FROM WALES!I AM ORIGINALLY FROM WREXHAM.ANYWAY YE I M SERIOUS ABOUT LOOKING FOR WORK SO IF YOU GOT ANY CONTACTS I CAN SHOOT MY CV OFF THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

CHEERS
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S4T
RIGHT UP IN CAIRNS MATE,LOOKING AT BRISBANE OR SYDNEY BUT CHEERS
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:48 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craigwills
I AM LIVING IN CAIRNS AT THE MO MATE BEEN IN OZ ABOUT A YEAR, NOTICE UR NAME WELSHVIKING,SO YOU MUST BE FROM WALES!I AM ORIGINALLY FROM WREXHAM.ANYWAY YE I M SERIOUS ABOUT LOOKING FOR WORK SO IF YOU GOT ANY CONTACTS I CAN SHOOT MY CV OFF THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

CHEERS
no probs, in work now though, so i'll get in to my email at home later and get back to you
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:37 am
Just Joined

mikelingelo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S4T
Hi S4T
I have pmd you

Regards
Mikelingelo