Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

aviation industry in Perth?

aviation industry in Perth?

Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:46 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default aviation industry in Perth?

Anyone happen to work here and have an idea on the likelyhood of being able to get a job fairly easily? what the pay is like etc

Or procurement?

cheers
Kala
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:03 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what you mean by Aviation Industry - are you talking about engineering aka BAE type jobs or working at the airport ?

Regarding Procurement, there are literally loads of jobs for procurement advertised each week in any number of industries. Dont think you'll have too much problem finding a procurement job in Perth
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:32 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Not sure what you mean by Aviation Industry - are you talking about engineering aka BAE type jobs or working at the airport ?

Regarding Procurement, there are literally loads of jobs for procurement advertised each week in any number of industries. Dont think you'll have too much problem finding a procurement job in Perth
I am currently Planner-Buyer Cabin products based in Engineering (basically I look after seats, IFE, soft furnishings Galleys etc) for a UK Airline I was hoping to do something similar on Arival in WA next year but looking at many of the posts on this web site the career prospects in Oz are not as good as they are here so I thought I'd just see what other people are doing

Cheers
Kala
Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:32 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kala
I am currently Planner-Buyer Cabin products based in Engineering (basically I look after seats, IFE, soft furnishings Galleys etc) for a UK Airline I was hoping to do something similar on Arival in WA next year but looking at many of the posts on this web site the career prospects in Oz are not as good as they are here so I thought I'd just see what other people are doing

Cheers
Kala

Not that many Airlines are actually based in WA Most only have travel/ticket offices.

One that is actually owned and operated from here is Great Western Airlines http://www.gwairlines.com.au/

Might be worth contacting them for advice and possibly they could point you in the right direction.

Also have you contacted the actual Australian Airlines such as Qantas and see about career opportunities. Can you take advantage of the industry links you have with your current employer ?

Or contact a recruitment company such as Bell Personnel http://www.bellpersonnel.com.au/ and see what advice they can give.

Sorry, thats about all I can think of to help. Maybe someone else in Perth has better links to the Airline procurement field ????