Old May 20th 2005, 1:50 am
ABCDiamond

Default Average Working hours in QLD

For anyone interested in average figures

Some working hours statistics in the paper, for Queensland, today:

"27 per cent of Queensland workers do more than 45 hours a week
42.4 per cent put in less than 35 hours a week
"

therefore 30.6 per cent work between 35 and 45 hours per week.

"About 60 per cent of people who worked more than 45 hours are considered to be employees, and about 35 per cent are owner-managers." That leaves 5% being something else

Old May 20th 2005, 1:55 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Average Working hours in QLD

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

"

"About 60 per cent of people who worked more than 45 hours are considered to be employees, and about 35 per cent are owner-managers." That leaves 5% being something else

FWIW, my hours this week (official hours are 8.30-5)

Monday - 8-6.30
Tueday - 8-6.30
Weds - 8.15-6
Thurs - 8.15-5.30
Friday - 8-3pm (leaving early: going to Warwick and beating the traffic)

TOTAL: 47hours (excluding lunch)

This has been an especially busy week mind
Old May 20th 2005, 2:01 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I work 40 hours here in Brissie (3 hours more than back in Nottingham) but I would say I work the least hours in my office with some averaging 50+ quite easily.

TT

"

Old May 20th 2005, 2:03 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mlbonner
FWIW, my hours this week (official hours are 8.30-5)

Monday - 8-6.30
Tueday - 8-6.30
Weds - 8.15-6
Thurs - 8.15-5.30
Friday - 8-3pm (leaving early: going to Warwick and beating the traffic)

TOTAL: 47hours (excluding lunch)

This has been an especially busy week mind
I can't talk about mine

But my wife does 36.5 each week, but gets flex time for any extra, and takes them as days off. She went in early every day this week, and has taken today off in exchange

Old May 20th 2005, 2:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I work 40 to 50 hours a week and on average about 44 hours per week. 20 days holiday per year. UK was officially 35 hours per week but I actually worked 40 hours per week and had 25 days holiday per year.
Old May 20th 2005, 3:05 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bondipom
I work 40 to 50 hours a week and on average about 44 hours per week. 20 days holiday per year. UK was officially 35 hours per week but I actually worked 40 hours per week and had 25 days holiday per year.
You should work longer hours, you're in NSW

When I was working in Sydney, I was doing 9-6 and 12 till 6 on Thursdays.
So that was a 38 hour week after allowing for lunch breaks.
That's 38 hours per week more than I do in QLD

Old May 20th 2005, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

I can't talk about mine

But my wife does 36.5 each week, but gets flex time for any extra, and takes them as days off. She went in early every day this week, and has taken today off in exchange
Viva QLD government!! Flex time is the only reason I put up with the place.

Not getting overtime myself I can only assume that people do the extra time to boost take home pay, or is it because they shackle you to the desk?

Papa Z
Old May 20th 2005, 7:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zentack
Viva QLD government!! Flex time is the only reason I put up with the place.

Not getting overtime myself I can only assume that people do the extra time to boost take home pay, or is it because they shackle you to the desk?

Papa Z
I work for the Qld govt, and am on a 37'5 hours a week contract - anything over that counts as "TOIL" - you can save it and take it as time off in lieu -
a lot of that then deopends on the office you are in. My previous office, I probably stacked up4 hrs a week in TOIL. My new one is much busier, and has a lot of old stuff that needs sorting out - I am now doing about 10 hours a week, and could do more if I wanted. Start at 8ish, but not been there later than 5.45 yet, and the boss doesn't expect me to be.
Old May 20th 2005, 9:21 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

About 8 til 5 for me.
45 hours per week plus a little home work too.
Old May 20th 2005, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

37 and a half, unmetered, unmonitored hours. 2 hour Friday lunchbreaks and a fridge full of booze.

It's a sweatshop I tells ya!

(this rated 9.7 on the smugometer)
Old May 20th 2005, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

37 hours a week in the UK - finish bang on 1pm on a friday. That Manufacturing in this country for you. Right on que you see at 4pm factory workers running to their cars to get out. Hows that for work mentality, no wonder the chinese govt are rubbing their hands to Europes M/F Market share.

In sydney was working 8-7pm every day, whatever that is a week.

Work life here at the moment is pretty good, no overtime though, just accured hours, cant see me getting the same over there, but at least Im ready for it I guess.

I know if peps in london who work 60/70 hours per week, no overtime & no rewards. Their hourly pay goes down to about 6/7 per hour. Whats the point? Thats one of the reasons why trade unions fail & family like goes out the window. I have little simpathy for these people im affraid. U make your own decisions in life.
Old May 20th 2005, 11:19 am
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

38 Hours a Week for me. Once the clock hits 3:30 I'm outta there.
Old May 20th 2005, 12:22 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mutant
38 Hours a Week for me. Once the clock hits 3:30 I'm outta there.
My hours are meant to be 8.30 - 5.15 with 45min lunch = 40hrs per week,

However my actual hours are 7.30 - 5.15 with about 20 mins for lunch..

more hours.. less money (when converted from GBP)

however when you take away the fact I no longer have the 1hr each side commute on the London Underground... its about the same...

again.. it goes back to quality of life, I like getting to work early and never leave later then 5.30.

comparison

London

left house at 7.00.
Started work 8.00
Left work 5pm
arrived home 6pm (if lucky..more like 6.30)

Bris

Leave house 7.20
Start work 7.30
Leave work 5.15
Arrrive home 5.30