Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Average weekly expenditure in melbourne!

Average weekly expenditure in melbourne!

Old Jul 30th 2012, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

f4fred is on a distinguished road

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/6.5.27035/28.2173; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Hi BE Fellows,

Need your help to know how much would be weekly living expenditure in Melbourne for a couple a three years old kid.

As I am moving soon so need to have an estimate to plan accordingly.

Thanks,

Fred, F.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

f4fred is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Average weekly expenditure in melbourne!

Please reply guys! I am not sure if I wrongly posted this thread as it has been moved.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Your post looks to be in the right place now, the main Australia forum.

Possibly one of the reasons the replies are slow is that this has been done to death and I think one conclusion is that "average weekly expenditure" is a bit meaningless. We are all different and we all have different weekly expenditures.

What I would syggest you do is look on www.domain.com.au to identify property prices in an area you like the look of and size house you want. And for everything else, take your UK weekly expenses and multiply by about 2.2 - 2.5, that would give you an approximation of weekly expenditure here.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Ratchet is an unknown quantity at this point

I would look at a typical week if you were living in london..then youll be pretty much there.

As the previous post says this is an ongoing question, but is important to ask to reassure yourself that you can make the move.

To keep costs down you live outside the cbd and commute in. Childcare can be expensive. Ive paid $50-70 a day for creche. Food is pretty much the same. Our coles is the tesco equivalent and then theres the markets which will be cheaper.

If your earning a fair wage then youll be fine, which is most likely as you tend to earn better wages out here.