Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

average wages for whv any info?

average wages for whv any info?

Old Sep 16th 2003, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default average wages for whv any info?

was wondering what the average weekly wage was in australia?

reason i ask is i am going over to oz next year on a working holiday visa and maybe will be offered work from relatives for a while if i want, but as im not sure whats ok and whats not ok in weekly wages in australia was wondering if anyone could help me out there.

i know i should be glad of any work when i get there on my whv but would not want to work with them and find out i could make more doing something else.

im not saying i dont want to work for them or am not greatfull but i needed to know what kind of wage would be right i know this depends on what i can do and how i get on with him but im sure there i a min amount i should work for.

i know i cannot compare it to my uk wages as it would really have to be a good job and paying job to compare to that which would i think be hard to find in australia.

but my plan to go over there is to not work much but maybe some of the time to get extra cash while i am there so i dont run out of money or need to get home sooner becuase of that, so getting a job from them would be very handy.

but as i dont know what else is out there i cannot be sure if its right to work for them but im sure i will.

i am not in the same line of work he does so god knows what i could be doing, maybe i would be doing some labour work for him just not sure, i do have my own trade but not in his work im in the oil and gas industry.

In which i think im sure i could find work in that area and make something more to what i can get at home, but as said its not really something i want to be doing a lot over there during my stay for 12 months but might need to as time goes by.

and the more money i can make and jobs i did the better time i could have and places to see.

any ideas as to what average maybe for labourers work in oz as thats possibly what i will have to do for them.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 2:48 pm
--ed--

Default Re: average wages for whv any info?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brian.w

around $600 week before tax
tradesmen always get more than full time employees, so maybe $1000/week is ok as well.

Old Sep 16th 2003, 11:40 pm
Carol in Oz

Default Re: average wages for whv any info?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by --ed--
Originally posted by brian.w

around $600 week before tax
tradesmen always get more than full time employees, so maybe $1000/week is ok as well.

Couple of sites might help
www.dir.nsw.gov.au/awards/payrates
www.wagenet.gov.au