Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Average time to secure an accountant job in Sydney

Average time to secure an accountant job in Sydney

Old Mar 23rd 2012, 7:22 am
Just Joined

subinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Average time to secure an accountant job in Sydney

Hello, I am a qualified accountant from India (Chartered Accountant) with 14 years of post qualification experience. I am awaiting NSW state sponsorship results and believe that Sydney should be a better place for my profile. While I understand that landing and getting a job can be challenging anywhere, I wanted to get a feedback on the usual time frames. I have an IELTS 8 (including speaking 8), have a positive skill assessment from ICAA (Accountant - General) and should be able to get memberships of CPA and ICAA through the Mutual Recognition Agreement between ICAI and the Australian counterparts. Presently, I hold a controller position - how long will it take for me to move into a similar role in Australia. Thank you all for your feedback !
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Average time to secure an accountant job in Sydney

That really has to be one of those unanswerable questions.

It would depend upon many things, including your work history, quality of resume and interviewing skills.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 8:49 am
Just Joined

subinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Average time to secure an accountant job in Sydney

Sure and thanks. I also located more relevant discussion forums on the subject. Cheers