Reload this Page >

On average how long?????

On average how long?????

Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

barbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On average how long?????

Hi All,

just a quick question..........how long on average for independant skills migration from UK/Ireland, on the UK high commission website it says 20 months, I thought it was more like a year to a year and a half, I know it varies but I mean for the ordinary applicant.......not nurses or other "in demand" occupations........my partner and I have 110 points and will have to do the bond thing for the extra 5 points..........we just applied for skills assesment with vetassess yesterday

thanks for your help
Barbs
Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Burnsy74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Barb,
My skills assessment was submitted to the IEA (institute of engineers) in July 02 and approved September 02. The visa application was submitted mid December 02 (should have been sooner but we were slow gathering all the info). Visa was issued in june 03.
Hope this helps
Burnsy
Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:26 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On average how long?????

Originally posted by barbs
how long
It really depends on a lot of things. Have you checked

http://www.austimeline.com

You can get a good idea here and finf people in simillar situations
Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

barbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Burnsy,

so you think that this was typical, or was your experience faster, that time frame would be just perfect for us
well done you must be delighted
Barbs
Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:34 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by barbs
Burnsy,

so you think that this was typical, or was your experience faster,
Don't want to put a downer on you barbs but that was quick and could well have had something to do with the skills . We applied on skilled migration in March last year and after a few hiccups we got the holy grail a couple of ago. Check timeline and see if you can find people who are applying under the same circumstances as you.

Also another factor appears to be timing of submission. Towards the end of the ASPC year (june)they have a rush on to meet there targets and then it goes back to a go slow (Well thats how it seemed to us).
Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Burnsy74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Barbs,
there doesn't seem to be a typical length of time. I've read posts of people getting it quicker than we did and others applied before us and still haven' t heard. Hopefully you'll be lucky.

The site above in HUP's post should give an idea of times though I have't used it myself.

Burnsy