autopersonnel

Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

freakwav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default autopersonnel

Hi,first time so be gentle.I'm looking to migrate to oz,I've checked my points score and as i'm a 36 year old mechanic I scored 110 points (5 short then).I've heard of a company in sydney called autopersonnel who have a government agreement to employ us uk people on long stay temporary business visa's for the motor trade.Can any one give me any feed back on taking this route as my first choice of destination would be Perth where all our freinds reside.Are there any other firms nearer there doing the same?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know anything about autopersonnel but is there anyway you can raise the $100k bond. That will give you your missing 5 points.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

mike and yvonne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: autopersonnel

Originally posted by freakwav
Hi,first time so be gentle.I'm looking to migrate to oz,I've checked my points score and as i'm a 36 year old mechanic I scored 110 points (5 short then).I've heard of a company in sydney called autopersonnel who have a government agreement to employ us uk people on long stay temporary business visa's for the motor trade.Can any one give me any feed back on taking this route as my first choice of destination would be Perth where all our freinds reside.Are there any other firms nearer there doing the same?
Hi freakway,
Not sure what type of mechanic you are, i am rally mechanic and am hoping to get PR visa to reside in brisbane/gold coast around june 2003 to work in the V8 supercar series, I too am 36 and got to 110 points so have to put up 100000aud for extra five points.
Check out wes trac caterpillar website(www.westrac.com.au) they have branches all over oz and are currently advertising for mechanics in NSW. the reason I suggest this, is that a colleague of mine got a sponsorship visa(non points tested) from westrac in perth and got whole visa application in around five months
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

mike and yvonne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: autopersonnel

Originally posted by mike and yvonne
Hi freakway,
Not sure what type of mechanic you are, i am rally mechanic and am hoping to get PR visa to reside in brisbane/gold coast around june 2003 to work in the V8 supercar series, I too am 36 and got to 110 points so have to put up 100000aud for extra five points.
Check out wes trac caterpillar website(www.westrac.com.au) they have branches all over oz and are currently advertising for mechanics in NSW. the reason I suggest this, is that a colleague of mine got a sponsorship visa(non points tested) from westrac in perth and got whole visa application in around five months
sorry meant to say 2004 but hit send b4 i reread it, also meant to say he had his interview in London.
hope I have been of help.
Mike
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

freakwav is an unknown quantity at this point

Anythings a help mate,cheers I'll chase the london connection,does any body else know of any other firms around Perth that could maybe do the same.Gotta get in,please help!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

pagey is an unknown quantity at this point

Am i right in saying that if you put a £100,000 in an australian bank account and leave it for a year , you get 5 points , Someone out there will no , just what i heard .
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re A$100k

Pagey,

You are almost right, you put the A$100k into a bond, the interest rate is fixed on the day the bond is lodged for the year. I believe that interest rates vary from state to state and you are able to choose who you lodge your bond with.