autocad jobs

Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:17 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default autocad jobs

Hi guys looking for some honest advice please no wind ups as i am stressed enough.

Will be moving over in Oct and will need to get a job my background is Autocad drawings for Mezzanine floors, Pallet racking shelving etc.
I also do a lot of buying for a structural steel company for the mezzanine floors.

I know there is a Global downturn but can anyone tell me what the job market is like in these fields if there is one.

On another note i will be willing to work anywere.
My wife has a job in place but i dont just looking for some help.

Mick
Old Apr 20th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all
Default Re: autocad jobs

Hi I work using both Autocad & Microstation for one of the big firms in Perth, since November things fell off a cliff here anyway and I gather Queensland from friends too mainly off the back of the mining industry. Where there used to be not enough people to work and rates going up there are now many applicants for each job and I'm glad to still be in a job for now. Companies are cutting contractor rates by 10% across the board, it's not pretty but I do hear things are starting to move again. I've a friend in the industry who'd been out of work for 17 weeks before taking a job at 30% of their previous pay, saying that he's just got another job at a better rate. Later on in the year things may pick up again but I doubt they'll be as rosy as during 2006-2008. Sorry if it sounds a bit grim but that's it in Perth on the frontline at the moment, other states may vary but Queensland is knackered too. Victoria has a lot to spend on infrastructure so may be a bit better, however the rates were always crap in NSW & Vic.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 1:18 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Hi I work using both Autocad & Microstation for one of the big firms in Perth, since November things fell off a cliff here anyway and I gather Queensland from friends too mainly off the back of the mining industry. Where there used to be not enough people to work and rates going up there are now many applicants for each job and I'm glad to still be in a job for now. Companies are cutting contractor rates by 10% across the board, it's not pretty but I do hear things are starting to move again. I've a friend in the industry who'd been out of work for 17 weeks before taking a job at 30% of their previous pay, saying that he's just got another job at a better rate. Later on in the year things may pick up again but I doubt they'll be as rosy as during 2006-2008. Sorry if it sounds a bit grim but that's it in Perth on the frontline at the moment, other states may vary but Queensland is knackered too. Victoria has a lot to spend on infrastructure so may be a bit better, however the rates were always crap in NSW & Vic.
Thanks for being upfront about it.At least i know now but as i said i will turn my hand to anything to try and live the dream.

cheers

Mick
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:53 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Unless you have Rail experience and want to work in Sydney don't come out yet.

Mayeb early next year things will pick up but jobs yóu're relating too are being taken up by young Australian draftys who are out of work.

Look at the Job ads on Seek or MyCareer, Its made quite clear in almost all ads....Australians or New Zealands need only apply
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Hi guys looking for some honest advice please no wind ups as i am stressed enough.

Will be moving over in Oct and will need to get a job my background is Autocad drawings for Mezzanine floors, Pallet racking shelving etc.
I also do a lot of buying for a structural steel company for the mezzanine floors.

I know there is a Global downturn but can anyone tell me what the job market is like in these fields if there is one.

On another note i will be willing to work anywere.
My wife has a job in place but i dont just looking for some help.

Mick

Assuming that you are coming because of your wife's job, doesn't that tie you to the area where you can work in that you'll want to be living together. Where are you coming to?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:01 am
MickyBhoy

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Assuming that you are coming because of your wife's job, doesn't that tie you to the area where you can work in that you'll want to be living together. Where are you coming to?
I Dont know we are going to Tapping in Perth i thought i could work in Perth