autism son

Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

phillip knapp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default autism son

we are looking for some advice on schooling for our son who has aspergers.

Does anybody have a child with aspergers or autism that could help us with some information and what to expected.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 12:10 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Phillip,

While I cant actually give you any first hand experience, I have 2 friends who have sons with Aspergers. Both of them have the boys in 2 different state schools, 1 has had some problems with her school, the other has been very happy with ours (this is the school that our boys now go to), although because of his problem it now looks as though he may have to go to a special ed school next year. This is in Brisbane btw, most states are probably different.

My only other suggestion is to contact some of the Aspergers support groups & networks over here who will be able to give you alot better information that I can. Web pages below, a couple of different states as Im not sure where you are headed.

Aspergers Syndrome Support Network (Qld) - this site is excellent, they even have a forum to ask questions.

Autism Association - Victoria

Hunnybees list of forums & links - this lady has put together a whole heaps of links to various forums, support groups etc in Australia, another excellent excellent site where Im sure you will be able to find someone to answer your questions more fully.

Good luck .
Old Nov 19th 2003, 12:15 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh one more, this guy is supposed to be very very good, hes based here in Brisbane, another brilliant website with heaps of advice & links.

Tony Attwood's website

Hope this helps