Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

authorised signatories in u.k.

authorised signatories in u.k.

Old Mar 27th 2003, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

blodwyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default authorised signatories in u.k.

just getting together all relevant details for application ready to copy, but unsure on "qualified signatories" for paperwork. Any suggestions besides doctor, solicitor, bank manager? What about a vicar? Would he/she be a justice of the peace? Any more suggestions please.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I feel sure that a vicar/priest can sign documents.

booboo
Old Mar 28th 2003, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

jambo_g is an unknown quantity at this point

A Nurse!

Graham
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

someone may correct me - but I'm sure it has to be a 'notary public officer' (or something like that) , a solicitor, or justice of the peace.
ie doctors, teachers etc can't do it in this case
Hazel
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

blodwyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HazelG
someone may correct me - but I'm sure it has to be a 'notary public officer' (or something like that) , a solicitor, or justice of the peace.
ie doctors, teachers etc can't do it in this case
Hazel
Thanks for that Hazel i thought it must be something a "bit extra"
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by blodwyn
Thanks for that Hazel i thought it must be something a "bit extra"

beware of charges too!
we've got around 70-80 documents
local magistrate court quoted £8 per signature for a JP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

getting them done by local solicitor for a 'donation' to their charity

ie shop around
Hazel
Old Mar 28th 2003, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted this question on a uk legal newsgroup but I couldn't get a definitive answer - the legal bods just started quoting paragraphs to each other....typical eh?

It has been mentioned on this newsgroup a couple of times before, and I think the general consensus is....

If we're talking about certifying documents ("....as a true copy of the original....") then take a look at the pdf you can find at page http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=236 (I'm sure Alan won't mind a pointer to his website)

It gives a list of those who can sign documents as true copies. You'll notice you could save a few quid depending on who you choose to see.

Statutory Declarations (if used for any supporting evidence), on the other hand, need to be witnessed by a solicitor, JP or notary public.

If I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

We're in Scotland and got one of the local councilors who was also a justice of the peace to certify the copies. The advantage was that they do this for free!

Hope this helps

Ginny
Old Mar 28th 2003, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default Re: authorised signatories in u.k.

talk nicely to your bank, they will stamp everything and someone put their squiggle on it. mine was not actually the manager.
karen
Old Mar 28th 2003, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Jackie & Ian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We had our documents handwritten, signed, dated, that they were exact copies of the originals by a JP who is also a close friend of ours.
We were later advised by Perth that they maybe frowned upon as the JP had not used a rubber stamp to confirm that she was a JP.(even though we sent a copy of her house of lords appointment letter as a JP)

We then rang a local Notary Public and he refused to endorse them saying it was now against the law for them to sign photocopies due to copyright laws???!!!
After all of the above - we were right fed up ..

So, rang local solicitor not mentioning the conversation with the Notary Public , and got the solicitor to sign, date and also to use his vital rubber stamp.
We have not heard anymore from Perth re certified documents.

We go for our medicals on Monday, so we have our fingers crossed that all is ok in that department.

all the best - Ian and Jackie
Old Mar 28th 2003, 7:51 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ginny
Hi there,

We're in Scotland and got one of the local councilors who was also a justice of the peace to certify the copies. The advantage was that they do this for free!

Hope this helps

Ginny
Hi

We used a solicitor in York and he did it for free and we must have had around 40 copies to certify. He has just done some more for us with regards New Passport and Marriage certificate and again it was free.

Unusual for a solicitor we thought normally they charge by the minute don't they!!

Jo
Old Mar 29th 2003, 5:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a friend in the UK who is a local JP and willing to sign everything, however she tells me that she does not have a rubber stamp, nor does she have a registration number (which they have in Queensland). So all she is doing is signing, putting her address, and writing "JP" after her name.
Anyone know if I will run in to problems because she does not have a stamp or anything? Do I need to attach proof that she really IS a JP?
Thanks
Pollyana
Old Mar 29th 2003, 8:23 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Our doc's were done by a local JP also, we photocopied all our docs brought them home and fed them through the printer set to print " this is a true copy of a sighted original"[You could do it in a red to make it more pronounced but we didn't] Our JP friend then signed them all "J Bloggs JP" it saved writing all the declaration umpteen times. He didn't charge us and wouldn't accept anything offered as he saw it as part of his duty as a magistrate. He also wrote a short character reference for me and included all his details as a magistrate on a separate sheet. If you know one it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Good luck
Sean
Old Mar 29th 2003, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Jackie & Ian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone again and especially Sean & Debbie and Pollyana

its sounds as though you did the same as us re getting your docs cerified by a JP who is also a friend, but our migrant agent in Perth said the case officer may "balk" (his word) as they did not have an official rubber stamp. we also included her address, tel number as well, for further proof.

Maybe DIMIA like rubber stamps!

Ian & Jackie

Last edited by Jackie & Ian; Mar 29th 2003 at 9:03 am.
Old Mar 29th 2003, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I had our conveyancer certify the documents for the TRA application form and fortunately all it cost me was a bottle of wine, Australian of course. However just had TRA reply back this morning , so i will be going back to him to sign the documents for the visa application. So it may be more than a bottle of wine as we are going to have alot of paperwork as we are applying defacto.

Best advice ask around? But here in Eastbourne the only motary public official was far to busy to sign paperwork.

footie chick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.