Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Austrlia Vs Canada

Austrlia Vs Canada

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:48 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Austrlia Vs Canada

Originally Posted by Grayling
Oh....and I have tasted piss.....it used to be an old test for diabetes.

remarkably similar to Tooheys if I remember correctly
The romans used to drink their own p, you're not that old surely?

Cooler
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:50 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
The romans used to drink their own p,

Perhaps they had tried australian beer
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:20 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

I don't drink alcohol but if I did, I brew my own

Cooler
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

How about Hahn Premium, Crown Lager and Cascade Premium?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caliburn
How about Hahn Premium, Crown Lager and Cascade Premium?
They must have been the ones the Romans tried.

Piss must taste better than that lot
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

are we talking about canada or australia ? ?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shafanm
are we talking about canada or australia ? ?
Your guess at this point, is as good as mine.....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Cedar is a jewel in the roughCedar is a jewel in the roughCedar is a jewel in the roughCedar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cdnexpat
I'm glad you've made friends in Canada, but you could have just found a nice place in Canada and a not so nice one in Australia. I think that sometimes there's a bit of luck involved with where you move. I guess I've been really lucky because I've found extremely nice people in both.
Lived in several places in Tassie and two in Victoria, doesn't seem to make any difference.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

cdnexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cedar
Lived in several places in Tassie and two in Victoria, doesn't seem to make any difference.
I think that's unfortunate. But in all fairness it's impossible to generalise about which "people" are better as I've found it's really upto the individual.

You'll find good and bad in each country.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chikicheeta
My initial research indicate Canada is a Better Place to live in all aspect, except for wheather, One of the main reason for the Australian boom was the chinies economy, which kept things good for OZ. hence the boom, Since Chinies are now in a economic soup, so are all those who were dependent on them. and the recovery of the chinies economy would be very slower. This is why there is a lot of call for cut in migration to australia

Canada is concern they were dependent on the US economy, but unlike the chinies economy the US economy is likely to come out of the mess sooner, This is why there are no plans for cut in migration.

Further if you are a canadian and not satisfies things over there you could move to US without any paperwork under NAFTA. where as in OZ one is stuck.
Further I observe in canada there is a sence of Welcoming for the migrants where as in OZ they want migrant mainly to fill their labour shortage.

this is my opinion I could be wrong, all are welcom to share their opinion.
I've always thought that Canada is somehow more sophisticated than Australia.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed the winter as well as the summer. though I was in British Columbia which is not as cold as further east, it only got to 17 degrees below freezing the year we were there. The people seemed normal, no bragging about how much better they were than everyone else in the world, so you could just communicate normally. No walking on eggshells.
and here I was "freezing" when it was 14C
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Cedar is a jewel in the roughCedar is a jewel in the roughCedar is a jewel in the roughCedar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cdnexpat
I think that's unfortunate. But in all fairness it's impossible to generalise about which "people" are better as I've found it's really upto the individual.

You'll find good and bad in each country.
'spect so. If I was in a big city there might be good ones more accessible. I live in a small country town, where everyone knows everyone else and if they don't like ya they don't like ya!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I've always thought that Canada is somehow more sophisticated than Australia.
Isnt anywhere
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Have you been to Canada? www.theweathernetwork.com
No, whats the link for?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I've hardly ever had a problem with people here. Strange as to how people have such different experiences. I would honestly have felt that one of the best things about Aussie, is the welcoming nature of the people.

I totally disagree that Aussies dont like Poms. I'd say the exact opposite.

Ahh but rereading your posts I've only ever lived in the City, and my very few bad experiences have been mostly in the country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.