Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Austrlia Vs Canada

Austrlia Vs Canada

Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:14 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Austrlia Vs Canada

In OZ you get around 20-30 days a year when its above 35c degrees or too hot to go outdoors the rest of the year the weathers great , in Canada your stuck indoors half the year because its too cold, Lifes too short to waste half in stuck indoors, l would get cabin fever. IN OZ l live in the country a couple of miles outside a large city , right down the road l have miles of beautiful unspolit beaches almost all to myself most of the time where l go swiiming and surfing most of summer, you don't get that in Canada. Regarding the ecomony the GDP of both countries is the same , the unemployment rate in OZ is lower, if the world goes into recession Canada will be hit just as bad, its not immune from the worlds problems.

Last edited by mohogony; Feb 21st 2009 at 11:20 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

[QUOTE=mohogony;7308976]In OZ you get around 30 days a year when its too hot to go outdoors the rest of the year the weathers great , in Canada your stuck indoors half the year because its too cold, Lifes too short to waste half in stuck indoors, l would get cabin fever.

Well I hate to disagree, but that isnt necessarily true. There are many many winter sports that people living in canada participate in during some of the coldest winter months. If a person dressed properly they can spent time outside in the winter.

As well, depending on where a person decided to locate, i.e., the west coast of canada which has a temperate climate they can enjoy being outside all year long.

I grew up in manitoba and ontario (two provinces with very cold winters), and enjoyed many outdoor sports during the winter.

Last edited by willmore; Feb 22nd 2009 at 12:04 am.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:40 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

If your immigrating to Canada bring your snow shovel if your immigrating to OZ bring your surfboard.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:47 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
In OZ you get around 20-30 days a year when its above 35c degrees or too hot to go outdoors the rest of the year the weathers great
In Oz? I think this island is about 4000km from east to west and 3000km from south to north......it actually has several different climates.....just like Canada. How the climate suits you will depend on how comfortable you are with certain things and where you choose to live.....oh, just like Canada!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:00 am
Just Joined

feitr is just really nicefeitr is just really nicefeitr is just really nicefeitr is just really nicefeitr is just really nicefeitr is just really nicefeitr is just really nicefeitr is just really nice

The other thing is that in Canada the cold tends to be a very dry cold (technically you can't get a wet extreme cold, since air doesn't hold much moisture at that temp, but you get what i mean); therefore, as long as you are appropriately dressed it isn't actually that unpleasant. And some ppl certainly do love winter sports and snow. -10c and dry >>>>> 5c and wet/windy, etc. (and 5c in winter for canada is actually really really nice).
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If your immigrating to Canada bring your snow shovel if your immigrating to OZ bring your surfboard.
I think you need to educate yourself about canada a little bit.

People living along the west coast of canada do alot of surfing. Of course its in the cold pacific ocean, but if dressed appropriately - no problem. We had kids semi-surfing on Gonzales Beach this weekend.....

As well, most provinces have lovely long summers and beautiful fall days.....

Last edited by willmore; Feb 22nd 2009 at 12:05 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by feitr
The other thing is that in Canada the cold tends to be a very dry cold (technically you can't get a wet extreme cold, since air doesn't hold much moisture at that temp, but you get what i mean); therefore, as long as you are appropriately dressed it isn't actually that unpleasant. And some ppl certainly do love winter sports and snow. -10c and dry >>>>> 5c and wet/windy, etc. (and 5c in winter for canada is actually really really nice).
Maybe so but l prefer to walk around in a shorts, t-shirt barefoot Oz style then walk around covered in 10 jumpers and wearing a thermal suit Canada style.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe so but l prefer to walk around in a shorts, t-shirt barefoot Oz style then walk around covered in 10 jumpers and wearing a thermal suit Canada style.
PMSL - really we dont live in igloos and wear eskimo clothing all year round. In the spring and summer we wear shorts, t-shirts etc as well.

Have you ever visited canada?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Besides.....weather isn't the be all and end all......some areas of Aus have what most would probably call 'perfect' weather.....but other than that are bland, sterile, mind numbing, cultural vacuums......they shall of course remain nameless! Just my $0.02 by the way.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bcworld
In Oz? I think this island is about 4000km from east to west and 3000km from south to north......it actually has several different climates.....just like Canada. How the climate suits you will depend on how comfortable you are with certain things and where you choose to live.....oh, just like Canada!
Originally Posted by feitr
Besides.....weather isn't the be all and end all......some areas of Aus have what most would probably call 'perfect' weather.....but other than that are bland, sterile, mind numbing, cultural vacuums......they shall of course remain nameless! Just my $0.02 by the way.
Karma sent!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

There has been only one small mention of Australias main problem (besides geographical location of course, which can be a bonus for some)....

If all was even, IE: I had a job to go to at the same money, same kind of house, same kind of location,....Weather wouldn't bother me too much I would think.... then with what I know about SE Australia, I could be hesitant in coming to Aus at present. Nothing to do with recession, nothing to do with education, nothing to do with personal or national security. One simple thing that people, seem to be underestimating en masse. I personally think the Government is hiding the seriousness of it as well, either that or they underestimate it.... Or maybe it's just me... although I doubt it. One Word...

Btw I've been here 30 years, and the following problem is starting to really worry me. Mind you thats only a problem in SE Aus..... and maybe Perth.... I personally dont want to live anywhere else in Aus. Although if push came to shove, I would have to move to Tasmania, and for an urban lover like me, that would not ride well.

WATER

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 22nd 2009 at 12:19 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:18 am
Banned

So Australia has no culture what about the Sydney oprea house, have'nt heard of the Canadian opera house, Film and TV is culture, look at all the hit Aussie films around the world like Crocdile Dundee, Gallipoli, Mad MAX, Wolf Creek and all the Aussie film stars Mel Gibson, russel crowe, hugh Jackman, heath ledger and all the aussie tv shows in the UK like Neigbours home and away, how many hit Canadian films have there been or candaian tv shows the UK.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So Australia has no culture what about the Sydney oprea house, have'nt heard of the Canadian opera house, Film and TV is culture, look at all the hit Aussie films around the world like Crocdile Dundee, Gallipoli, Mad MAX, Wolf Creek and all the Aussie film stars Mel Gibson, russel crowe, hugh Jackman, heath ledger and all the aussie tv shows in the UK like Neigbours home and away, how many hit Canadian films have there been or candaian tv shows the UK.
Yea, but we have stomping tom connors and gordon lightfoot.....
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
There has been only one small mention of Australias main problem (besides geographical location of course, which can be a bonus for some)....

If all was even, IE: I had a job to go to at the same money, same kind of house, same kind of location,....Weather wouldn't bother me too much I would think.... then with what I know about SE Australia, I could be hesitant in coming to Aus at present. Nothing to do with recession, nothing to do with education, nothing to do with personal or national security. One simple thing that people, seem to be underestimating en masse. I personally think the Government is hiding the seriousness of it as well, either that or they underestimate it.... Or maybe it's just me... although I doubt it. One Word...

Btw I've been here 30 years, and the following problem is starting to really worry me. Mind you thats only a problem in SE Aus. I personally dont want to live anywhere else in Aus.

WATER

Droughts don't last for ever they come and go, Australia is a very wealthy country and can solve the probelm either by using sea water by building de salination plants or building a pipeline from the north of the country where theres plenty of water to the south, everyone in OZ has plenty of water for drinking showering and washing its only you arent allowed to waste stacks of it on the garden or washing your car everyday.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:23 am
Frequent Flyer Member

So Australia has no culture
I didn't say that.......show me where I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.