Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australien survival kit

Australien survival kit

Old Mar 13th 2005, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

ironman is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Australien survival kit

we have some freinds moving to Perth in 5 weeks time and need to get them a leaving present and thought of an australian survival kit but are unsure of what to put in it. what do you miss most? or what items can't you buy in Australia? it's a bit of a joke, any ideas
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Australien survival kit

Some people I know who've gone over miss Walkers crisps, and are asking us to take them some over when we go in a couple of weeks....

Sophie
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:41 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Tea bags
uk chocs
yes walkers crisps
and a key back to the uk to throw away
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:44 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Yeah, tea bags (believe it or not)... even Tesco ones.
Penguins.
A fly swatter
a wide brimmed hat (like a Mexican one)
Thongs (for the feet that is)
anything with a Union Jack on it.
Doc Martens boots.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

shoots is an unknown quantity at this point

eyup ironman
maybe your friends read expats every now and then so the leaving prezzie wont be a surprise.
i think $10k in used notes would be a pretty good addition to any survival kit.
plus anything they might need you could always bring with you when you visit

Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:01 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ironman
we have some freinds moving to Perth in 5 weeks time and need to get them a leaving present and thought of an australian survival kit but are unsure of what to put in it. what do you miss most? or what items can't you buy in Australia? it's a bit of a joke, any ideas
My dad did something similiar last christmas for us. They created an Oz survival kit. Included was the following

Compass & Penknife
Delta Goodrum CD (could be Kyle or any other Aussie I suppose)
Billy Connoly Tour of Australia
Some Oz beer, such as, VB
Sun tan lotion
Guide book on Queensland

Really good idea.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:07 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shoots
eyup ironman
maybe your friends read expats every now and then so the leaving prezzie wont be a surprise.
i think $10k in used notes would be a pretty good addition to any survival kit.
plus anything they might need you could always bring with you when you visit

I'm thinking you might be the mate
Kala
Old Mar 14th 2005, 2:22 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironman
tattie scones? black pudding? jellied eels ? (depending on which part of the UK they are from of course)

Havent seen any of these items for sale here in perth

(And before I get inundated with replies about where to buy in Perth, please note I'm only interested in tattie scone comments )
Old Mar 14th 2005, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I'm thinking you might be the mate
Kala

i'm thinkin you could be right!!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:14 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Well in that case I'm thinking that for the cheeky $10k comment you should be recieving

a meat pie
dodgy Aussie stuffing
a box of flat bouncy yorkshire puddings
some of that crap gravy
a jar of Mayo (known n the UK as salad cream)
and a bar of aussie cadbury's chocolate

Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

lelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Australien survival kit

The biggest jar of marmite you can buy.....................costs a fortune out in Oz.................and lets face it vegimite just not the same
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough

We are just packing our bags (literally) and the tea bag comment jumped out at me! What is wrong with Aussie tea bags? Should I put some in my case? (If so, what should I leave out???) Cases have definitely shrunk since last used.

Rachel.
(flying next Tuesday :scared: )
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:46 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by aussiesoon
We are just packing our bags (literally) and the tea bag comment jumped out at me! What is wrong with Aussie tea bags? Should I put some in my case? (If so, what should I leave out???) Cases have definitely shrunk since last used.

Rachel.
(flying next Tuesday :scared: )

I buy Tetley Drawstring bags and they are fine, They sell them in most supermarkets

Kala
Old Mar 14th 2005, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

what about including

street map of perth
crate of stella
picture of our best friends
box of tissues
pink suitcase
costco pepperoni pizza
cuddly toy
fondue set

shoots
Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:07 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

i'm thinking that you could be the nudist aswell then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.