Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia's Deadliest Destinations

Australia's Deadliest Destinations

Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:08 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Australia's Deadliest Destinations

Tv Programme in 7 parts...

On Sky 2 right now, just started if anyone wants to see it

Didn't know platypuss were poisonous! :scared:

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Apr 4th 2006 at 11:10 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:22 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Australia's Deadliest Destinations

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Tv Programme in 7 parts...

On Sky 2 right now, just started if anyone wants to see it

Didn't know platypuss were poisonous! :scared:
what's the plural of platypus?

platypussies?
platypi?
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:26 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
what's the plural of platypus?

platypussies?
platypi?

God knows!

Just found out a good remedy for Box Jellyfish stings......vinegar!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:34 pm

God knows!

If you don't know what sort of jellyfish it was, then vinegar could aggravate the wound.
You're better off asking a lifeguard if there's one about.
But in most cases vinegar helps.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:59 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't know what sort of jellyfish it was, then vinegar could aggravate the wound.

or if you believe that episode of Friends - get someone to pee on it! :scared:
Old Apr 5th 2006, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

God knows!

Is that so you smell bad, before YOU DIE
Old Apr 5th 2006, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by stevemich
or if you believe that episode of Friends - get someone to pee on it! :scared:
yes, I get all my information from reruns of Friends, it's such a good show
Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:07 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Australia's deadliest cretures average number of people killed per year:

Sharks 2-3 people per year
snakes 2-3 people per year
crocs 2 people per year
spiders 0 ( last death 1979)
stinger jelly fish 1 person per year
TOTAL 9 .

Out of a population of 20 million an average of 9 people a year are killed by deadly creatures. Compare this to an average of 10 people per year being killed by being struck by lightning per year in OZ or 1,600 being killed in road accidents.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Australia's deadliest cretures average number of people killed per year:

Sharks 2-3 people per year
snakes 2-3 people per year
crocs 2 people per year
spiders 0 ( last death 1979)
stinger jelly fish 1 person per year
TOTAL 9 .

Out of a population of 20 million an average of 9 people a year are killed by deadly creatures. Compare this to an average of 10 people per year being killed by being struck by lightning per year in OZ or 1,600 being killed in road accidents.
this info has cheeredme up to no end- wheres that bridge or roof top.....
Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by goldcoastblue
this info has cheeredme up to no end- wheres that bridge or roof top.....

well its made me happier, and cheered me up, 9 per 20 million in a year, i can cope with that, although if i were stung by a box jellyfish getting to the beach to find some vinegar would be a miracle, i thought the pain was so bad you freeze on the spot and then drown
Old Apr 5th 2006, 2:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

According to the Bondi lifeguards on TV this week, vinegar can aggrevate it. They suggested rubbing a disolvable asprin on it and ice. They mentioned various old wives tales but missed the pee one - wonder why

But I don't tend to take vinegar to the beach with me Mind you, once I've been there half an hour, I don't have a lot of ice either
Old Apr 5th 2006, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
According to the Bondi lifeguards on TV this week, vinegar can aggrevate it. They suggested rubbing a disolvable asprin on it and ice. They mentioned various old wives tales but missed the pee one - wonder why

But I don't tend to take vinegar to the beach with me Mind you, once I've been there half an hour, I don't have a lot of ice either
I thought you were meant to smother it in whipped cream then get your partner to lick it off.
Must be something else.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 2:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were meant to smother it in whipped cream then get your partner to lick it off.
Must be something else.
I think you have just remembered your dream last night
Old Apr 5th 2006, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I think you have just remembered your dream last night
yes, jellyfish and whipped cream, that's the ticket!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 2:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

yes, jellyfish and whipped cream, that's the ticket!
Pervert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.