Wikiposts
View Poll Results: How would you rate aussie tv?
1/10
20.00%
2/10
8.57%
3/10
20.00%
4/10
11.43%
5/10
14.29%
6/10
5.71%
7/10
8.57%
8/10
2.86%
9/10
2.86%
10/10
5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Australian TV

Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:01 pm
PommieLeague

Default Re: Australian TV

Originally Posted by kiwichild
I was generous and gave it 3 out of 10 due to the british drama shows. Like ABC Diamond I think "A touch of frost" is one of the best, and "bad girls".
Can't get the ABC to see "the bill" unfortuantely.

Some aussie shows like "secret life of us" have been quite good. But there is far to much bloody sports esp AFL on here, and a lot of the long time running shows could do with a boot out the door not just a revamp.

I hate reality tv, so I don't watch it. "ground force" and "backyard blitz" were two of the more enjoyable ones. Bugger "big brother" and "the block".

Most american stuff is crap. Best thing to have ever come out of the US was a show in the late 80's-early 90's called "Thirty something"
Cant complain with that.

Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KyoShiroX
How would you rate AUSSIE TV???
Do you mean terrestrial TV? If you've got Foxtel, then TV is as good or bad as you want it to be. I like the history channel, National Geographic, Discovery, Discovery Science, and the Crime and Investigation channels. UKTV sometimes, Comedy channels if I'm in the mood for american trash comedy. Oh the food and lifestyle channels are always a good backup.

Oh yeah, and all the live UK soccer matches as well.

We only watch terrestrial for a few shows, BHG, (and Bourkes backyard before it was ditched), the news a 6pm, a current affair, who wants to be a millionaire occasionally, and a few trashy stars in their eyes type programs.

Oh that Glass Houses program is quite funny (a rip-off of 'Have I got news for you')

I really don't know how to rate it. It fulfills its purpose I suppose.

Uhhmmmm 7/10 for the terrestrial stuff.

Cheers,
JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Apr 10th 2005 at 8:12 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:13 pm
Badge

Seeing as Aussie TV has more sport, the same reality shows, and has all the good exports from the UK, and SBS - a real gem in my opinion, one of the best channels I've seen, that all makes up for the advert intervals.

I didn't watch enough Brit TV to form a real comparison.

No real complaints.

Badge

Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:08 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Gave it 9 cos it's a sleek bit of furniture......far better than we had in the UK.

I may even put a plug on it one day
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:13 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

5 out of 10, actually it could be more now cos of the footy show, before the game and the 5th quarter

I love DesperateHW and cold case too.

As to living outside, yeah its ace in winter when its cold and dark
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:40 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

The Footie Show on 9 is good, I like that. I'd say 3 out of 10.

I think I am sad cos I do like GMA with old Moonface - oh and Moira!

And what is it with an ad before the end captions! Whats that all about?
Old Apr 11th 2005, 11:23 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by russmcp

And what is it with an ad before the end captions! Whats that all about?

the yanks will lead, others will follow.......