Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian sunset times - easy to adjust to ?

Australian sunset times - easy to adjust to ?

Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian sunset times - easy to adjust to ?

I was just wondering if the earlier ( than the UK ) summer sunset times in Aus are easy to get used to.

Do you find it weird not having the long light summer nights ?

( hoping to find out first-hand soon ! )
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:30 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian sunset times - easy to adjust to ?

Originally Posted by elmtree
I was just wondering if the earlier ( than the UK ) summer sunset times in Aus are easy to get used to.

Do you find it weird not having the long light summer nights ?

( hoping to find out first-hand soon ! )

It depends on where in Oz you are going to....its light here until 9.30 in the summer....so no, not too hard to get used to....

It varies depending on where you live...BIG place, Australia
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:38 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice and long here too. And then when the sun goes down, we have the stars to look at. Wow!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I will be Hunter Valley next year - does anyone know what time it gets dark in the summer/winter there?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

We will hopefully be heading for Perth.

Just found a site that lists the sunrise/set times and in Perth in midsummer it appears to set just before 8pm.

I think I'll cope !
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

It's alright, I asked too soon and have answered my own question!
I used www.weatherzone.com.au - you can search for your nearest town/city and it gives you all the weather info inc sunrise/sunset times.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by esperanza
I will be Hunter Valley next year - does anyone know what time it gets dark in the summer/winter there?
Try this:

http://www.ga.gov.au/geodesy/astro/sunrise.jsp
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

And another one: www.bom.gov.au
This one's good for annual highs/lows etc as well as daily forecasting.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by elmtree
We will hopefully be heading for Perth.

Just found a site that lists the sunrise/set times and in Perth in midsummer it appears to set just before 8pm.

I think I'll cope !
Right now it seems very likely WA is going to trial daylight saving again, starting this summer! Yeeha, off to buy new set of outdoor furniture!! HB x
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HugoB
Right now it seems very likely WA is going to trial daylight saving again, starting this summer! Yeeha, off to buy new set of outdoor furniture!! HB x
And while your at it you'd better get some new curtains coz those old ones are sure going to fade.
What about the price of milk, the cows are going to stop producing milk once they change the clocks....... and you think bananas are expensive, you just wait and see, WA is going to fall to pieces if they move those damn clocks
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Santa
And while your at it you'd better get some new curtains coz those old ones are sure going to fade.
What about the price of milk, the cows are going to stop producing milk once they change the clocks....... and you think bananas are expensive, you just wait and see, WA is going to fall to pieces if they move those damn clocks
And don't forget the poor confused chickens
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And don't forget the poor confused chickens

Quite, everything is going to go to the dogs, can you imagine the chaos at Christmas with Turkey's....... things need to stay in the dark ages.
I went shopping in Busselton last weekend, you can only imagine my delight to find everything shuts at 1pm. I got over there at 12:30 after morning sport with the little ones, that left more than enough time to go the the half dozen or so shops I needed to get too by 1pm. It was fantastic, I was back home watching TV by 2pm !