Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Sponsored Regional Migration

Australian Sponsored Regional Migration

Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of
Default Australian Sponsored Regional Migration

It's on DIMIA's website, but nobody seems to know the first thing about it....

Any offers? My understanding is that an OZ permanent resident can sponsor a skilled family member as long as they meet basic requirements. It's points are assessed on the basis of education in Oz etc. so... if you have an adult child that does as TAFE diploma to bring them up to minimum requirements, could they stay under this scheme????
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:51 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Sponsored Regional Migration

Originally Posted by Seabird
It's on DIMIA's website, but nobody seems to know the first thing about it....

Any offers? My understanding is that an OZ permanent resident can sponsor a skilled family member as long as they meet basic requirements. It's points are assessed on the basis of education in Oz etc. so... if you have an adult child that does as TAFE diploma to bring them up to minimum requirements, could they stay under this scheme????
I haven't heard of this route in, only that they were looking into ways to get new migrants to relocate to regional areas. I imagine there would be a range of skills appropriate to that concept that may need to be met. Your best bet I think would be to contact DIMIA and ask for further details.

I would also ask about a list of regional areas nationwide that they have earmarked for this plan. Some of these could be dry barren hot as hell type places. In which case I think I'd rather be in Essex.

I worked for a while in Essex, between stanford-lee-hope and corringham. Thought the area a little bland, but the locals were friendly enough people The bright lights of London drew me away.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Thanks, Kiwichild

Will check it out tonight and put post on here for others to use when I know for sure.

Yes, some parts of Essex are fine, and the weather here is really good this morning. However, here come the clouds... best get out quick!

I trust it you're also looking forward to new Star Wars film too...

When does it come out in Perth?
Old Apr 11th 2005, 2:30 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Kiwichild

Will check it out tonight and put post on here for others to use when I know for sure.

Yes, some parts of Essex are fine, and the weather here is really good this morning. However, here come the clouds... best get out quick!

I trust it you're also looking forward to new Star Wars film too...

When does it come out in Perth?
I am definitely looking forward to it as it takes us from annakin to darth, explaining the change and further events along the way that led to it.

Its released on May 19 in UK and US as far as I know, so maybe a week or two later (doesn't take very long), could even have a simultaneous worldwide release date.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 2:41 pm
Banned

OK have found a link that should help you sort this out. It's DIMIA's and has oodles of info on migrating to OZ.

NOTE: The info on opportunities in regional areas can be found near the bottom of the column of boxes on the right hand side of the page.

http://www.immi.gov.au/index.htm

Good Luck
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Leah!

It seems from the web that the category is as I thought. I got confused by an immigration consultant doing a talk at the "emigrate 2005" exhibition here in the UK, who insisted that you can't sponsor a relative under any circumstances, which seems to not tie in with what DIMIA indicate, so I will check in the morning.

Also looking forward to May for the same reasons. Still only conjecture as to how Darth is borne... although I spotted Senator Palpaptine as a rotter as soon as I was him.. just don't seem to be as good at judging real people!!

All the best

From Galadriel (one of my first visits will be with my daughter to Wellington, .. Went for a job there but couldn't get there quickly enough.. it led on to the one in Adelaide though...). I take it you're from NZ?

Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:06 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

If you are talking about the 139? Skilled designated area sponsored?? If NOT ignore the following

A relative can sponsor you. They have to be over 18, an aussie citizen and have lived here for 2 years oh and a direct rellie, auntie, cousin, etc.

However you will also be required to have an assurance of support, this is someone who is working and earning over about $36000.

The designated areas were S/A Vic and Tassie. However regional may be something entirly different and if it is sorry to confuse you further!!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:16 am
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice

I looked into this last year -

1) The agents don`t know anything about it.

2) The ones that do realise there is low commision and try you on something else.

RSMS is pretty much anywhere outside the main city areas and gold coast. EG you can goto Bunbury or Byron Bay etc.

You can get sponsored by employers or family and require a diploma.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:24 am
Banned

Thanks, Leah!

It seems from the web that the category is as I thought. I got confused by an immigration consultant doing a talk at the "emigrate 2005" exhibition here in the UK, who insisted that you can't sponsor a relative under any circumstances, which seems to not tie in with what DIMIA indicate, so I will check in the morning.

Also looking forward to May for the same reasons. Still only conjecture as to how Darth is borne... although I spotted Senator Palpaptine as a rotter as soon as I was him.. just don't seem to be as good at judging real people!!

All the best

From Galadriel (one of my first visits will be with my daughter to Wellington, .. Went for a job there but couldn't get there quickly enough.. it led on to the one in Adelaide though...). I take it you're from NZ?

Yep I hail from Auckland. The interesting thing about the star wars saga is that it paralells the concept of christianity and the human condition.
Themes of good vs evil, repentance and salvation leading to redemption.
The part of us all that can easily have our lives destroyed by pain that leads to bitterness and hatred, etc
In a sense Annakin/Vader represents the human race especially Adam, upon which all the human race is said in christian theology to have been built. And his redeemer in the end was his son Luke (symbolic of christ in this context, who although of God came via a lineage of mankind)

I guess George Lucas did some media studies classes at university as well LOL
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: Australian Sponsored Regional Migration

Originally Posted by hevs
If you are talking about the 139? Skilled designated area sponsored?? If NOT ignore the following

A relative can sponsor you. They have to be over 18, an aussie citizen and have lived here for 2 years oh and a direct rellie, auntie, cousin, etc.

However you will also be required to have an assurance of support, this is someone who is working and earning over about $36000.

The designated areas were S/A Vic and Tassie. However regional may be something entirly different and if it is sorry to confuse you further!!
Thanks Hevs

Seems there are 2 categories for sponsorship. The sponsor needs to be either a citizen or permanent resident, and must be a close relative. The same person can act as assurer, and I will be earning enough so should be okay.

The first is Designated area sponsored as you mentioned, and is limited to the same regions as RSMS. This category is not points tested.

The other is Australian Sponsored (can't find the visa class number), and is applicable to all of Australia, however to get in to Sydney the applicant must have a job on the Sydney shortages list. This category is points tested, applicant needs 110 points to get in.

My adult son is interested in coming out once I settle. So we now know that if he does a course that gives him the minimum of a Diploma, then works on a temporary visa for a while, I should be able to sponsor him further down the line. This could save alot of people having to split their families and I am disgusted that the Immigration Agents gave wrong information out to people. The message is that they are there to make money.. check things for yourself as well.

Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Yep I hail from Auckland. The interesting thing about the star wars saga is that it paralells the concept of christianity and the human condition.
Themes of good vs evil, repentance and salvation leading to redemption.
The part of us all that can easily have our lives destroyed by pain that leads to bitterness and hatred, etc
In a sense Annakin/Vader represents the human race especially Adam, upon which all the human race is said in christian theology to have been built. And his redeemer in the end was his son Luke (symbolic of christ in this context, who although of God came via a lineage of mankind)

I guess George Lucas did some media studies classes at university as well LOL
So I gathered..... He started out in Media studies and excelled from the beginning. Watched a brilliant documentary on him a couple of weeks ago.

How much of the parallels did George have in mind when he wrote it, I wonder? What is interesting is that some people are thinking of Jedi as a Religion.. bit worrying for us RC's. Haven't seen anyone use telekinesis yet though.. I guess on the basis of your comments may be it isn't that surprising.
It's like good Music, you can sit and analyse its construction, or just enjoy it. So I think I'll find myself trying not-to-hard on the analytical front when I'm in the cinema!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:08 am
Banned

So I gathered..... He started out in Media studies and excelled from the beginning. Watched a brilliant documentary on him a couple of weeks ago.

How much of the parallels did George have in mind when he wrote it, I wonder? What is interesting is that some people are thinking of Jedi as a Religion.. bit worrying for us RC's. Haven't seen anyone use telekinesis yet though.. I guess on the basis of your comments may be it isn't that surprising.
It's like good Music, you can sit and analyse its construction, or just enjoy it. So I think I'll find myself trying not-to-hard on the analytical front when I'm in the cinema!
RC's ???

Yeh well I actually just enjoy it too. It wasn't till very recently I actually was sitting home watching my copy of "attack of the clones" and having recently viewed "Return of the Jedi " again, that I actually stopped to contemplate it all. It would be an excellent series to use to demonstrate these sorts of things to media students
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kiwichild
RC's ???

Yeh well I actually just enjoy it too. It wasn't till very recently I actually was sitting home watching my copy of "attack of the clones" and having recently viewed "Return of the Jedi " again, that I actually stopped to contemplate it all. It would be an excellent series to use to demonstrate these sorts of things to media students
Roman Catholic... I agree with your sentiments. So does Lord of the Rings, for the same reasons..

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

A recent census in the UK asked folks their religion. The fourth most common answer was Jedi Knight! This lead to the headline 'More Jedis than Jews in the UK!

I've read the book of Episode III so I know the story. I don't want to give anything away, except that something 'very interesting' happens to Palpatine... Oh, and the film explains a lot of stuff that has confused many folks up until now.

Getting back on topic...I'm hoping to go regional sponsored too, but through an employee. Jeremy is on record recently as saying that was probably the easiest way of going to Aus as a nurse; something which I'm training in just now.

Last edited by tonyk38; Apr 13th 2005 at 3:18 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:27 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38

Getting back on topic...I'm hoping to go regional sponsored too, but through an employee. Jeremy is on record recently as saying that was probably the easiest way of going to Aus as a nurse; something which I'm training in just now.
Whether RSMS is the most appropriate visa depends on circumstances.

Further back in this thread there are a number of inaccuracies:

- you do not necessarily have to be an Australian citizen to sponsor (PR is sometimes enough)
- you do not necessarily have to be in Australia for 2 years to sponsor for skilled sponsored, although there is a 12 month residence requirement for designated area sponsored and the Assurance of Support rules may impose a de-facto time limit
- Designated areas for 139 are more extensive than SA, Vic and TAS
- RSMS and Skilled Designated Area sponsored are two completely different visas, with different rules (and different areas - eg Melbourne is not eligible for RSMS).
- For Skilled Australian Sponsored, the Sydney skill list rules only apply if the *sponsor* is resident in Sydney. Where the applicant intends to reside is irrelevant.

There will be changes to the 139 visa in 2006 but some people may still be eligible for the 138 visa. ENS is an alternative to RSMS and is available anywhere in Australia.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.