Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian sim cards

Australian sim cards

Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australian sim cards

Originally Posted by asher
one thing to be aware of in Oz you pay to recieve texts and calls as well as to send
Em, NO you don't. You are thinking of the USA.

In Australia it is FREE to receive calls and text messages!

Originally Posted by Seasider
I'm on the $29 cap too; do you have any problems getting a Balance status? I've tried 3 times over the last couple of weeks and nothing ever materialises. I only know when I top up, what I have left.
That request never works for me either, just call 1511 and you can check how much you have left.

Mikey
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:28 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, Mikey.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Seasider
Cheers, Mikey.
Sorry, it's 1512 to check balance. They just changed it.

Mikey
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:42 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Em, NO you don't. You are thinking of the USA.

In Australia it is FREE to receive calls and text messages!

That request never works for me either, just call 1511 and you can check how much you have left.

Mikey

Hmm vodafone told me it costs here too
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by asher
Hmm vodafone told me it costs here too
lol, They obviously telling you fibs. I have never once in my life paid to receive a text message or call. If it was true, I'd be screwd when ever I run out of credit.

The only case in which you would be charged to recieve a call here would be if you where on roaming from your overseas network.

Otherwise it's all free.

Mikey
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

beaumonts is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

i agree with mikey.
i not had a prob with vodaphone - but if you buy direct from their shop tho they will charge you $10 lol - I bought mine from tandy for $2 and also got 10% off recharge - also recently been getting $20 credit extra so for $29 i get $150 credit

think you should buy here coz b4 you can use it, it needs to registered.

unfortunately the signal is bad in my new house so i think i may have to change
Old Jul 21st 2008, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Need advice

Have just bought 2 3skypephones thinking that they would be good to ring my mum on until we get sorted out with broadband took her a handset yesterday and she no coverage so skype wont work..........could give one to my brother and take the other one with me,

Question is can i use a uk handset in oz and will i be able to top it up £10 to get the free skype to skype calls

Elaine

Ps tried to get through to 3network customer services