Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian school guide

Australian school guide

Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian school guide

If anyone is interested, here is a website we found that can help you locate schools all over Oz
School guide

We are still loving Brisbane, we had our first real grey, rainy day since arriving in March! One day in 6 months can't be bad!!!

For all you playing the waiting game, it is well worth it! Our lives are back on track and it hasn't taken long.

Best of luck to all

Hazel
Old Aug 31st 2004, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

clandfam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian school guide

good link. thanks for posting
Old Aug 31st 2004, 3:19 pm
Cheeky

Originally Posted by Rudy
If anyone is interested, here is a website we found that can help you locate schools all over Oz
School guide

We are still loving Brisbane, we had our first real grey, rainy day since arriving in March! One day in 6 months can't be bad!!!

For all you playing the waiting game, it is well worth it! Our lives are back on track and it hasn't taken long.

Best of luck to all

Hazel
Thanks Hazel, Im interested! (Ive had a look). I have 2 school age kids, so Ive made a note. When the time comes it will come in very useful. Thats if websites are still going and things haven't progressed onto somethin else!! Sorry, just another opportunity to whinge cos I know Im in for long wait!!

Regards, Cheeky

Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:19 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Hazel,
An excellent link, thank you. Will save me heaps of time when I'm looking for a job. Have some Karma for your trouble.
Sarah
Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

Stuck it in my favs

thanks

jane
Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Hazel

But, OMG!!!!!, In South Australia kids cant start school until 6!!!!!! and pre school until 4!!!!!!! & at pre school can only do 4 mornings per week !!!!!

I have 2 boys under 4. My oldest is 3.5 and goes to playschool 3 full days (9-3) per week & loves it, (and so do I). Its going to be a shock to the system.

When am I going to go to the gym!!!!!!!

Seriously, I think I will have to look into private daycare, because I do plan to go back to work. I must admit I am a little shocked!!

Cheers again
daihla
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

School guide

Best of luck to all

Hazel
Here's a good one for Queensland, School Maps
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

School guide

Best of luck to all

Hazel
Really good website thanks very much.We shall definatley need to use it in the future. Really nice to hear you are really enjoying Brisbane.
Can I ask you did you go to see Western Australia before you settled in Brisbane?
What made you decide on Brisbane?
The reason I ask is that we are coming out May next year and were originally just heading for Perth but would love to see Brisbane as we have heard so many good things about it.The rouble is getting time off work etc and affording two trips any comments would be much appreciated.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 1:44 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The McGintys
Thanks Hazel

But, OMG!!!!!, In South Australia kids cant start school until 6!!!!!! and pre school until 4!!!!!!! & at pre school can only do 4 mornings per week !!!!!

I have 2 boys under 4. My oldest is 3.5 and goes to playschool 3 full days (9-3) per week & loves it, (and so do I). Its going to be a shock to the system.

When am I going to go to the gym!!!!!!!

Seriously, I think I will have to look into private daycare, because I do plan to go back to work. I must admit I am a little shocked!!

Cheers again
daihla
Welcome to the Australian education system.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Really good website thanks very much.We shall definatley need to use it in the future. Really nice to hear you are really enjoying Brisbane.
Can I ask you did you go to see Western Australia before you settled in Brisbane?
What made you decide on Brisbane?
The reason I ask is that we are coming out May next year and were originally just heading for Perth but would love to see Brisbane as we have heard so many good things about it.The rouble is getting time off work etc and affording two trips any comments would be much appreciated.
Sorry for the delayed reply Dreamaway.

I don't get online much these days, funny that it was all we did while we were waiting, but now life is for living again!

We haven't been to WA, only to Brissie and travelled down to Sydney to fetch our dog from the quarantine station. We did all of our research online, hadn't been to Oz before we made the move. Brisbane offered us everything we felt we were looking for lifestyle wise and we felt Perth was a little isolated from the rest of Oz, other than that it was just gut feeling really. We are very happy in Brisbane. We feel really at home here and have become settled very quickly. We both found jobs pretty easily and found everything straight forward to sort out. Brisbane is a nice city and the people are very friendly.

We are just north of the city in Eatons Hill (Albany Creek). Our kids are both in high school and have settled in very well. They were both put forward about 6 months, mainly because of their age. My daughter was in Yr 7 in the UK and is now in Yr 8, and son in Yr 9 UK, now Yr 10. They love it and have really made some good friends. The subjects are different and they are ahead in some things and behind in others. Overall they are coping quite well. They don't regret the move at all.

Hazel.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

School guide

Best of luck to all

Hazel
great sites have saved them in my favs,we re heading out to bris early next year,our daughter will be 17 by then anybody know if she ll have to go to school,i understand that in oz school leaving age is 18,anybody else out there with a 17yr old could give me any tips,also anyne know of similar sites for colleges.Any help would be gratefully recieved,which part of brisbane do you live hazel,would be interested to hear what you think of different areas.

regards tracey.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scissors
great sites have saved them in my favs,we re heading out to bris early next year,our daughter will be 17 by then anybody know if she ll have to go to school,i understand that in oz school leaving age is 18,anybody else out there with a 17yr old could give me any tips,also anyne know of similar sites for colleges.Any help would be gratefully recieved,which part of brisbane do you live hazel,would be interested to hear what you think of different areas.

regards tracey.
Hi Tracey,

In Queensland kids can leave at 16, but are encouraged to stay on for years 11 and 12 and leave at 18. Not sure about college websites but maybe try www.qtac.edu.au

It is for tertiary study.

We are north of Brisbane, about 20 mins from the city. Depends on what you are looking for and where you hope to find jobs. We are moving a bit further north in the new year, we are building our dream home in Norfolk Lakes, Narangba Valley. We will then be about 40 mins from the city and about half an hour to the sunshine coast.

H.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey,

In Queensland kids can leave at 16, but are encouraged to stay on for years 11 and 12 and leave at 18. Not sure about college websites but maybe try www.qtac.edu.au

It is for tertiary study.

We are north of Brisbane, about 20 mins from the city. Depends on what you are looking for and where you hope to find jobs. We are moving a bit further north in the new year, we are building our dream home in Norfolk Lakes, Narangba Valley. We will then be about 40 mins from the city and about half an hour to the sunshine coast.

H.
Ah i didnt know that children left at 16 in queensland i thought it was 18 all over oz thanks for that piece of info,she s just started 6th form at the momment so we ll see how that goes and take it from there, just thought i d find out about colleges in case she decides to go on and study more,we ve been looking on the gold coast and also bayside,not sure yet which,but the site on schools with the maps is useful.Im a hairdresser and nail tech so i think i ll be able to do that almost anywhere but hubby is a design engineer so he might have to commute so near a railway station might be a good idea,we keep looking,sounds good building your own house,like a dream come true.

tracey.