Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Road Rage......!?!

Australian Road Rage......!?!

Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:12 pm
owieb

Default Australian Road Rage......!?!

For those about to surf; there's dangerous waters out there!

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E26462,00.html

Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:23 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australian Road Rage......!?!

Originally posted by owieb
For those about to surf; there's dangerous waters out there!

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E26462,00.html
I've always wondered if this sort of thing ever happened.

On the sunshine coast, i think it was the inlet at Maroochydore, there is a really big break unedr certain conditions. When i was out there last we were watching the surfers there, and although we saw no "surf rage", i can certainly see why it could happen. In general they were all lining up in a sort of orderly queue, but somtimes somone was just paddling out and pushing in front, on occasion getting really close to the other surfers.
Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:39 pm
owieb

Default Re: Australian Road Rage......!?!

Originally posted by PeteY
I've always wondered if this sort of thing ever happened.

On the sunshine coast, i think it was the inlet at Maroochydore, there is a really big break unedr certain conditions. When i was out there last we were watching the surfers there, and although we saw no "surf rage", i can certainly see why it could happen. In general they were all lining up in a sort of orderly queue, but somtimes somone was just paddling out and pushing in front, on occasion getting really close to the other surfers.
I think it happens the world over. It's fairly relaxed in Perth, but then maybe that's because the waters aren't too busy. People do get cross if you drop in on their waves, but I've never seen anyone get violent over it.