Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Radio

Australian Radio

Old Apr 16th 2004, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Australian Radio

Hello all, I haven't posted before although I have been looking in for quite a while.
We are hoping to move to Adelaide with a state nominated visa, still waiting for skills assessment to come back.
Anyway my agent suggested listening to local radio to get a feel for local culture; I've tried Radio Adelaide and life Fm and now listening to TripleJ.
Can anyone suggest a Radio 1 equivalent as struggling at present and need my fix of Chris Moyles.
Thanx
Old Apr 16th 2004, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

I have done the same. we are going to Brisbane so I have connected on-line to River 94.9

Steph
Old Apr 16th 2004, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Thanx Steph,

Big improvement on what I was listening to, just a shame it's in Brisbane.

:PARTY:
Old Apr 16th 2004, 11:51 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

ABC NewsRadio
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default Re: Australian Radio

Try SA.FM

As far as I'm aware its based in adelaide and I listen on the web.
I think its www.safm.com.au

Its like local radio (adverts etc) but the tunes are good. My brother listens and got me into it.

Jo

Why don't you listen to radio 1 on the web if you need a fix???
Old Apr 16th 2004, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

evila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Radio

try this site:

http://www.mikesradioworld.com/oceania.html

lots of radio stations on the internet. Sadly, many of them doesn´t work but maky other are just fine.

Cheers...

Enrique.-

Originally posted by mysnix
Hello all, I haven't posted before although I have been looking in for quite a while.
We are hoping to move to Adelaide with a state nominated visa, still waiting for skills assessment to come back.
Anyway my agent suggested listening to local radio to get a feel for local culture; I've tried Radio Adelaide and life Fm and now listening to TripleJ.
Can anyone suggest a Radio 1 equivalent as struggling at present and need my fix of Chris Moyles.
Thanx