Reload this Page >

Australian Property Seminar in London

Australian Property Seminar in London

Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

sydneybound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Property Seminar in London

Hi All,

There is an Australian Property 'briefing' in London for several dates in September.

SEE:- http://www.australianpropertybriefing.com

I went to one of these myself a few months back, and I found it very useful due to the fact that then run through Taxes / Interest Rates / Stamp Duty / expected Rental amounts / Info in the Oz Property Bubble etc.. etc.. If you are not sure whether to sell in England / buy in Oz / rent in England / rent in Oz the figures provided in this seminar will go towards helping you make the decision.

It's run by Central Equity Group who are running the Seminars to try and get you to buy one of their flats / apartments in Melbourne, so there is a bit of a Sales atmosphere to the event, but not too bad seeing as the (Oz) ladies doing the presentation were bloody lovely at the last one I went to anyway !

Enjoy,
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Go to these seminars and ask questions by all means, and learn as much as you can.

BUT don't commit to buy ANYTHING because their is an appartment glut in Melbourne at the moment and the reason they are trying to flog them to you half the world away, is because they cannot sell them to locals.

This was one of the biggest marketing scams out here a year or so ago. Gold Coast property developers selling overpriced property to out of staters from Sydney and Melbourne. QLD has introduced laws to curb this but I doubt it applies to buyers in London.

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE
Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:46 am
Just Joined

hannah2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Property Seminar in London

I agree - BEWARE OF THE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY INVOLVED!I have done a lot of research on these type of company seminars.

On another note, tasman property (www.tasmanproperty.com) have been great in letting and managing our UK property when we moved to NZ...low fees, brilliant antipodean service. Run like a business within the city network scene - so no 'estate agent manipulation'.They also own their own properties...Good luck in your move to Aus!

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
Go to these seminars and ask questions by all means, and learn as much as you can.

BUT don't commit to buy ANYTHING because their is an appartment glut in Melbourne at the moment and the reason they are trying to flog them to you half the world away, is because they cannot sell them to locals.

This was one of the biggest marketing scams out here a year or so ago. Gold Coast property developers selling overpriced property to out of staters from Sydney and Melbourne. QLD has introduced laws to curb this but I doubt it applies to buyers in London.

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE
Old Aug 31st 2004, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Give Central Equity your address or email address once and they'll never leave you alone (even if you ask to be removed from mailing lists)! As said there is a tremendous glut in inner city flats etc (in Melbourne is all I can speak for), fuelled largely by the likes of Central Equity who seem intent on turning it into Hong Kong in search of a buck. By all means get the information and look at the pretty girls (oldest marketing ploy known to man?) but BEWARE as was mentioned.

OzTennis
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:31 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sydneybound
Hi All,

There is an Australian Property 'briefing' in London for several dates in September.

SEE:- http://www.australianpropertybriefing.com

I went to one of these myself a few months back, and I found it very useful due to the fact that then run through Taxes / Interest Rates / Stamp Duty / expected Rental amounts / Info in the Oz Property Bubble etc.. etc.. If you are not sure whether to sell in England / buy in Oz / rent in England / rent in Oz the figures provided in this seminar will go towards helping you make the decision.

It's run by Central Equity Group who are running the Seminars to try and get you to buy one of their flats / apartments in Melbourne, so there is a bit of a Sales atmosphere to the event, but not too bad seeing as the (Oz) ladies doing the presentation were bloody lovely at the last one I went to anyway !

Enjoy,
They have moved to London because Australians are fed up with their fleecing.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

jhighlo2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to one of these meetings 2 years ago and bought a flat in Melbourne Tower that day! It was only 6 months ago when I wanted to recind the contract (which they said I could do before signing) that I got an evil letter from their soliciters and I realised I had been done. (Flat has just been valued over 20% less than purchase price and I hear some have been valued over 40% less :scared: !).

As I bought on the basis of what they told me at the seminar (which were not all true statements), I have been told I have some basis for legal action. I would love to hear from any other people who have attended these seminars or purchased if they have been told the same. eg.

1) Could recind the contract
2) Financial information (eg tenants pay body corp, rental rates etc...) that were not accurate.
3) Melbourne was booming and could not keep up demand

Thanks for your help, looking forward to hearing from you

John
Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:24 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jhighlo2001
I went to one of these meetings 2 years ago and bought a flat in Melbourne Tower that day! It was only 6 months ago when I wanted to recind the contract (which they said I could do before signing) that I got an evil letter from their soliciters and I realised I had been done. (Flat has just been valued over 20% less than purchase price and I hear some have been valued over 40% less :scared: !).

As I bought on the basis of what they told me at the seminar (which were not all true statements), I have been told I have some basis for legal action. I would love to hear from any other people who have attended these seminars or purchased if they have been told the same. eg.

1) Could recind the contract
2) Financial information (eg tenants pay body corp, rental rates etc...) that were not accurate.
3) Melbourne was booming and could not keep up demand

Thanks for your help, looking forward to hearing from you

John
Thanks for your post as it is not easy publicly saying one has been ripped off.

Good luck and hopefully you may find a way to get the spruikers who sold you the flat.