Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian online retailers who ship for free

Wikiposts

Australian online retailers who ship for free

Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian online retailers who ship for free

Originally Posted by paulry
That's one of the things that new migrants to Australia have to adapt to: a return to the old days of buying everything at bricks and mortar locations.
Yeah.

I was telling the girls at work about Argos the other day. They loved the idea of it, but said they would never buy something they hadn't seen. The thought the idea was totally mental.

When I said I used to buy all my groceries online and have them delivered, they really thought I was a nutcase
Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yeah.

I was telling the girls at work about Argos the other day. They loved the idea of it, but said they would never buy something they hadn't seen. The thought the idea was totally mental.

When I said I used to buy all my groceries online and have them delivered, they really thought I was a nutcase
I think the girls at your work are the nuts one's...I was having groceries delivered and put in the fridge for me in Brisbane in 1997 Huge proportion of Australians are madly ordering half the world back to Australia with the strong dollar....I think those girls are a little behind

I would buy something from the Argos catalogue sight unseen...once I had seen it though I wouldn't ever do it again

Last edited by fish.01; Jul 30th 2011 at 11:53 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
I think the girls at your work are the nuts one's...I was having groceries delivered and put in the fridge for me in Brisbane in 1997 Huge proportion of Australians are madly ordering half the world back to Australia with the strong dollar....I think those girls are a little behind

I would buy something from the Argos catalogue sight unseen...once I had seen it though I wouldn't ever do it again
Well they are Italian Aussies! (and they love to shop lol)
Old Jul 31st 2011, 12:02 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Put in the fridge for you as well?

I agree with you about Wendy's colleagues. Australia can be a very "sheltered" place to live for some.

Argos isn't what it used to be. It changed ownership several years ago I think and things have gone downhill since then.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Put in the fridge for you as well?

I agree with you about Wendy's colleagues. Australia can be a very "sheltered" place to live for some.

Argos isn't what it used to be. It changed ownership several years ago I think and things have gone downhill since then.
It can...didn't seem much different to the UK to me, some sheltered, some not depending on background and circumstance. I first used Argos 13 years ago and I didn't think they had much of a hill to go down even then I'm sure it was handy for some things though but felt bit like a pound shop.

Yes, put it in the fridge....was great. This firm had the keys to half the highrise apts in Brisbane. Would unpack all the cold food and put in the fridge/freezer if you requested it so was ok when you got home

Last edited by fish.01; Jul 31st 2011 at 12:16 am.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 1:27 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

It can...didn't seem much different to the UK to me, some sheltered, some not depending on background and circumstance. I first used Argos 13 years ago and I didn't think they had much of a hill to go down even then I'm sure it was handy for some things though but felt bit like a pound shop.

Yes, put it in the fridge....was great. This firm had the keys to half the highrise apts in Brisbane. Would unpack all the cold food and put in the fridge/freezer if you requested it so was ok when you got home
Argos was good for shopping esp before the internet took off because you could shop by armchair using the catalogue and go there the next day armed with your list. Actually it's a business plan that could work well over here. It was especially good at Christmas - possible to get most of the presents in just one or two hits without having to traipse around all the shops.