Reload this Page >

Australian magazine?

Australian magazine?

Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:07 am
Just Joined

KatChristie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian magazine?

Hi
Ive read a few posts about an australian magazine i guess for immigrants just wondering if anyone has any info on where to get it or what its called?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian magazine?

Originally Posted by KatChristie
Hi
Ive read a few posts about an australian magazine i guess for immigrants just wondering if anyone has any info on where to get it or what its called?
WH Smiths stocks it!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bexie
WH Smiths stocks it!
Yes i got mine form Tesco superstore, it is called Australia & New zealand and you can order it on-line at www.homesworldwide.co.uk.

There is also anyother mag out called the reds guide to Australia but cannot seem to get it easily my friend has picked one up for me and hopefully should get it from her by the weekend will let you know what it is like and hopefully on online address to order from.

Happy reading!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

WHSmiths stock it. It is now monthly and comes out 2nd of each month and costs 3.75.
As said you can subscribe through www.homesworldwide.co.uk

I buy it each month
Watty'n'Arls
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:11 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

IMO Australia and NZ magazine is now of little use to immigrants and more use to those going on holiday to Oz/NZ.

Anyone agree?

Buzzy
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
IMO Australia and NZ magazine is now of little use to immigrants and more use to those going on holiday to Oz/NZ.

Anyone agree?

Buzzy
Yes, nice glossy pictures and tiny generalised articles. Still, doesn't stop me buying it every time
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:09 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Is it like the TV shows constantly going on about how low the cost of living is and how cheap the houses are?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

It does seem to be more for those going on holiday.

You can buy it in Borders as well if you have near you.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:26 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Is it like the TV shows constantly going on about how low the cost of living is and how cheap the houses are?
Hence my earlier statement. When it first started it was geared at immigrants (emigrants?) and had quite a bit of useful info about suburbs etc. Now the immi/emigrants have been shoved to a few-page supplement at the back and the rest is full off guff about hotels to stay in, tourist sights to see etc. And yes, its all based around the all-powerful pound.

I guess there wasn't the readership to justify a big glossy emi/immigrants magazine.

Buzzy
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We noticed the same. It seemed much better for the first few issues and there was a lot of information that seemed really useful. Now it seems to be more geared to those going on holiday and there is a little bit of information for people moving at the back but they seem to repeat that each month as well.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Lainey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys just to let you know that if you already buy & read the Aus/N.Zealand mag don't bother with the red guides emigrating to Aus/N.Zealand 2007 coz it's written by the same people & most of the stuff in it is already in the mag so now I'm £9.99 down coz I managaed to find a copy & buy it! Ah well such is life.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lainey
Hi guys just to let you know that if you already buy & read the Aus/N.Zealand mag don't bother with the red guides emigrating to Aus/N.Zealand 2007 coz it's written by the same people & most of the stuff in it is already in the mag so now I'm £9.99 down coz I managaed to find a copy & buy it! Ah well such is life.
arr damn i owe my friend the money and i was looking forward to reading that.

lol
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

There is also a Red Guide to Australia in WHSmith.

Some of the articles in Australia and New Zealand mag are handy but it jsut depends on you own individual circumstances.

Jen
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

KatChristie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies i bought the mag today some useful stuff but as the posts suggest it is geared towards tourists. But i will definately buy it again as any extra info is useful.

Kat.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:41 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hence my earlier statement. When it first started it was geared at immigrants (emigrants?) and had quite a bit of useful info about suburbs etc. Now the immi/emigrants have been shoved to a few-page supplement at the back and the rest is full off guff about hotels to stay in, tourist sights to see etc. And yes, its all based around the all-powerful pound.

I guess there wasn't the readership to justify a big glossy emi/immigrants magazine.

Buzzy
All to do with advertising revenue I would imagine. Still, I bet they sell loads of copies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.