Australian law

Old May 14th 2004, 3:10 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Australian law

Originally posted by Ceri
"It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burgular."
Damn! That's me out then... what on earth is a girl supposed to wear then?
You could always go starkers!
Old May 14th 2004, 3:52 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Trevglas,
Another stupid law to add to your list of many.

We moved over from Dorset(southern England) and on the old bridges you would see a plaque stating if anyone was found de-facing or damaging the bridge, they would be deported to Australia. We often wondered if that law would be valid today. Cheap way of gettin to Oz don`t you think.

When we were at Byron Bay we were told off by a bloke for parking the wrong way round in a space. Apprently, you have to park as if you drove into the space, not reversed. Regards Louisa
Old May 14th 2004, 4:52 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Australian law

Originally posted by Ulujain
You could always go starkers!
you're joking right.. have you felt how nippy the nights are here now., you're obviously not in Brisbane,. besides that I might have a nasty accident with my pitch fork. ( Jemima Fawr, a welsh woman, rounded up 12 frenchmen with hers.. who needs arrows eh?)

P.s can you add a modern law .. compulsory voting .

Australia prides itself on it's freedoms and democracies, but then they have compulsory voting laws . uhh?
(Just as bad as democratic Britain having royals I suppose... at least Aus got a vote, no matter if it was cr@p way of doing it)
A Brit law passed in the 1800's sometime - trying to commit suicide is a capital offence.

cheers
Old May 14th 2004, 5:59 am
o_0

You're right, I'm not in Brisbane, not yet in any case. Aw c'mon, run starkers through the night! Why should Sydney get all that type of fun?

Brisbane needs more streakers. Hell, if I get enough bourbon in me, I might volunteer myself when I get home.
Old May 14th 2004, 6:17 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ulujain
You're right, I'm not in Brisbane, not yet in any case. Aw c'mon, run starkers through the night! Why should Sydney get all that type of fun?

Brisbane needs more streakers. Hell, if I get enough bourbon in me, I might volunteer myself when I get home.
Funny you say that but I have seen a few streakers around here. Apparently it is a bucks night thing but the best man seems to join in as well. I have seen a few on the Parra road but the common one is the tunnel under Sydney airport runway. Who knows what the passengers on the 747 thought of the nudy running towards the tunnel.
Old May 14th 2004, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by robertd

When we were at Byron Bay we were told off by a bloke for parking the wrong way round in a space. Apprently, you have to park as if you drove into the space, not reversed. Regards Louisa

Best be careful, on the strip on the way to Cronulla beach its a A$150 fine if you don't reverse in.
Old May 14th 2004, 6:47 am
o_0

Originally posted by bondipom
Funny you say that but I have seen a few streakers around here. Apparently it is a bucks night thing but the best man seems to join in as well. I have seen a few on the Parra road but the common one is the tunnel under Sydney airport runway. Who knows what the passengers on the 747 thought of the nudy running towards the tunnel.
I got busted for indecent exposure with my ex on News Years Eve running starkers through a golf course near Kingsgrove in Sydney. The cops couldn't take their eyes off my ex, she kept swaying her hips and jumping up and down, etc.
Old May 14th 2004, 7:13 am
Just Joined

WhyBother is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speed Limits in NT

Originally posted by Simone
I think that is the situation in Germany as well.
That's essentially the situation in the NT too!! If ticketed by the Police - you must prove the speed at which you were travelling was reasonable for the prevailing conditions!!
Old May 14th 2004, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by robertd
Dear Trevglas,
Another stupid law to add to your list of many.

We moved over from Dorset(southern England) and on the old bridges you would see a plaque stating if anyone was found de-facing or damaging the bridge, they would be deported to Australia. We often wondered if that law would be valid today. Cheap way of gettin to Oz don`t you think.
One facinating website I came across is a database of transported prisoners maintained by Lancaster Castle . What is astounding is the (sometimes petty) crimes these people committed that resulted in a long period of transportation.