Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian lager/beer - availability in UK?

Australian lager/beer - availability in UK?

Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Australian lager/beer - availability in UK?

I liked Carlton Cold when I was there. It's Troy Bayliss's favourite beer so that's good enough for me! (aussie bike racer)

Don't know if you can get it in the Uk though.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:23 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Originally Posted by bundy
Beer who makes?

The Bundaberg Rum people made or maybe still make a beer with Bundaberg Rum in it.......it was foul
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:25 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Originally Posted by cadman
I liked Carlton Cold when I was there. It's Troy Bayliss's favourite beer so that's good enough for me! (aussie bike racer)

Don't know if you can get it in the Uk though.
Pretty sure you can get in the Walkabout pubs metioned earlier in the thread
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

See, I don't like any other rum.....

And if you really want to barf, try a Mud Rum (bundy with half coke, half orange juice)

Uuurrrgggg! where the hell did that concoction come from :scared:
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:29 pm
crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by Beegee
Where abouts are you heading to ?
We keep changing our minds by the minute! To be honest, I't really down to Melbourne, Perth or Adelaide. It depends on how much drink we've had as to which comes out on top! When sober it's Adelaide, and as we spend most of the time sober then I think that's the one for us!
Having said that, they make a lot of vino there don't they?!

Hope we'll get there one day

Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:47 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beegee
The Bundaberg Rum people made or maybe still make a beer with Bundaberg Rum in it.......it was foul

Well that's just silly! Almost as bad as the rum and lime thing.....leave it alone. Rum and coke is the only way to go (except for neat rum on the rocks and maybe, just maybe rum in coffee on a cold day)
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Uuurrrgggg! where the hell did that concoction come from :scared:

Started as part of a health kick by the guys on the station where I worked. One bright spark worked out how much coke they were managing to consume daily with their rum and decided that, initially as a hangover cure, they would do half coke, half orange juice. It soon progressed from hangover cure to full on all night beverage. It curdles nicely, hence the Mud Rum. I wouldn't go near the stuff!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:59 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

Started as part of a health kick by the guys on the station where I worked. One bright spark worked out how much coke they were managing to consume daily with their rum and decided that, initially as a hangover cure, they would do half coke, half orange juice. It soon progressed from hangover cure to full on all night beverage. It curdles nicely, hence the Mud Rum. I wouldn't go near the stuff!
Bundaberg Rum is good stuff Bundaberg also make a lovely ginger beer.. now I reckon that'd make an interesting drink mixed with a splash of rum...

I would also recommend trying the Australia Shop in Covent Garden for some Australian and New Zealand beers not sold elsewhere in the UK ... last time I was there (may this year) they had Cascade, Redback and Coopers beer amongst others...
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:04 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
Bundaberg Rum is good stuff Bundaberg also make a lovely ginger beer.. now I reckon that'd make an interesting drink mixed with a splash of rum...
Indeed, called a Dark 'n' Stormy and I love 'em!

The Australia Shop (http://www.australiashop.co.uk/) in Covent Garden is good and you can always go over to the Walkabout across the road to sample the beer there.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:06 pm
She's a bird, you know

I would also recommend trying the Australia Shop in Covent Garden for some Australian and New Zealand beers not sold elsewhere in the UK ... last time I was there (may this year) they had Cascade, Redback and Coopers beer amongst others...

Our local (independent) off licence here in Cambridge often has Coopers and Cascade. And we bought a bottle of Bundy Black for £17! Maybe I should go into business with them and run a mail order service....
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Australian lager/beer - availability in UK?

Indeed, called a Dark 'n' Stormy and I love 'em!

The Australia Shop (http://www.australiashop.co.uk/) in Covent Garden is good and you can always go over to the Walkabout across the road to sample the beer there.
oooh I forgot about Dark'n'Stormy!!! Cripes, I've been away for too many years!! will be tucking in next year

I luuuuurrve the Australia Shop.. I can get Cherry Ripes.. Chokito Bars.. Caramello Koalas!!! Oooh the list goes on and on!!
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

See, I don't like any other rum.....

And if you really want to barf, try a Mud Rum (bundy with half coke, half orange juice)
If you think that's bad, I had a fruit smoothy on the South Bank Brisbane which had things like wheatgerm, carrots and beetroot in it. And there wasn't even any alcohol in it :scared:
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:07 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Our local (independent) off licence here in Cambridge often has Coopers and Cascade. And we bought a bottle of Bundy Black for £17! Maybe I should go into business with them and run a mail order service....
I reckon you'd get alot of business too if you did that... I'd love to have a bit of Bundy Rum to make some very rummy rumballs for xmas to bring into work....
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:09 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Originally Posted by worzel
If you think that's bad, I had a fruit smoothy on the South Bank Brisbane which had things like wheatgerm, carrots and beetroot in it. And there wasn't even any alcohol in it :scared:
now that sounds far to healthy!!! uuuurrggghhh!! I like wheatgerm, carrots and beetroot, but not like that!!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:09 pm
She's a bird, you know

oooh I forgot about Dark'n'Stormy!!! Cripes, I've been away for too many years!! will be tucking in next year

I luuuuurrve the Australia Shop.. I can get Cherry Ripes.. Chokito Bars.. Caramello Koalas!!! Oooh the list goes on and on!!

...warheads, strawberries and cream, ripe raspberries, killer pythons (personal favourite).....

Mr B actually missed our train to the Lake District in the summer because he was buying Bundy Rum and Killer Pythons from the Oz Shop!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.