Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Jingle Bells

Australian Jingle Bells

Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Australian Jingle Bells

...as performed at my daughter's kinder Christmas Concert. Sing to the tune of Jingle Bells.

Dashing through the bush
In a rusty Holden Ute
Kicking up the dust
With an esky in the boot
Kelpie by my side
And we're singing Christmas songs
It's summer time and I'm in my
Singlet, shorts and thongs

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Christmas in Australia on a scorching summer's day...hey!
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Xmas time is beaut
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:15 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Jingle Bells

I went to Choir of the Year comp in Sydney recently and a boy's choir sung this for their encore. Very funny!
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen the book The Australian Night Before Christmas? It's really good. I'm sure your kid's school will have a copy or look in your local book shop. I love it.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:54 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Our kids did it last year for a play. Here's the full version.

Dashing through the bush,
in a rusty Holden Ute,
Kicking up the dust,
esky in the boot,
Kelpie by my side,
singing Christmas songs,
It's Summer time and I am in
my singlet, shorts and thongs

Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Christmas in Australia
on a scorching summers day, Hey!
Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!,
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute.

Engine's getting hot;
we dodge the kangaroos,
The swaggie climbs aboard,
he is welcome too.
All the family's there,
sitting by the pool,
Christmas Day the Aussie way,
by the barbecue.

Christmas in Australia

Come the afternoon,
Grandpa has a doze,
The kids and Uncle Bruce,
are swimming in their clothes.
The time comes 'round to go,
we take the family snap,
Pack the car and all shoot through,
before the washing up.

Christmas in Australia
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 9:14 am
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute

That's fabulous... and here I was, failing to get the festive feeling! I'm going to save that one to perform for the folks on Christmas day! Cheers!
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:42 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baglady
That's fabulous... and here I was, failing to get the festive feeling! I'm going to save that one to perform for the folks on Christmas day! Cheers!
While we're on the subject - it's 22 days until Christmas, and I havn't been subjected to Slade or Wizard once!

Fantastic!

S
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 9:21 pm
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
While we're on the subject - it's 22 days until Christmas, and I havn't been subjected to Slade or Wizard once!

Fantastic!

S
I know!!! That's a BIG reason to come and live over here!
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 9:52 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to be thick but whats kelpie?

Jx
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

A kelpie is an Australian breed of dog. Much like a Border Collie only a rougher coat. Traditionally trained to herd sheep and is a farmers best friend.
http://users.tpg.com.au/sharenet/c/jinglebells.html

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
sorry to be thick but whats kelpie?

Jx
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:06 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:16 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Australian Jingle Bells

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

Fantastic!

S
Pity those of us still living here!

I don't know what the problem is with this country, but it seems that somewhere around the end of October every year, the entire nation is under some sort of cultural obligation to dust off a certain CD (which I can only assume is entitled The UK's Naffest Christmas Tunes) and stick it on "repeat" for the next two months.

You simply cannot escape the bloody thing; it is played in every public place, every shop, every restaurant (last night we heard it in a Chinese restaurant, of all places!), every supermarket, etc. NON STOP.

It comprises a bizarre assortment of tired old clapped-out 80s tunes that we'd all tried to hard to forget. (The only exception being Feed the World, which does not deserve to be lumped in with such poor company).

Incredibly, none of these tunes are proper Christmas carols; they're merely secular "seasonal songs" which talk about Christmas in a vague sort of way instead of celebrating the message behind the event.

But what really sticks in my craw is the fact that this CD suddenly becomes the nation's voice throughout the entire Christmas period. What's the deal there? Whatever happened to individuality, initiative, variety and imagination? Whatever happened to traditional Christmas carols? Whatever happened to someone saying "Hey, isn't it time that thing went out in the wheely bin? Let's try a new set of tunes this year!"

It's one thing to celebrate a genuine tradition; it's quite another to demonstrate one's slavish adherence to the musical equivalent of second-hand tat.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:28 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wongstonn
...as performed at my daughter's kinder Christmas Concert. Sing to the tune of Jingle Bells.

Dashing through the bush
In a rusty Holden Ute
Kicking up the dust
With an esky in the boot
Kelpie by my side
And we're singing Christmas songs
It's summer time and I'm in my
Singlet, shorts and thongs

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Christmas in Australia on a scorching summer's day...hey!
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Xmas time is beaut

My daughter is learning all about Australia at school at the moment (here in the UK) and she came home with this on Friday to learn for the school carol service!!! Thought it was very funny and so much better than the original!
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 7:44 am
Trainee Domestic Goddess

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Pity those of us still living here!

I don't know what the problem is with this country, but it seems that somewhere around the end of October every year, the entire nation is under some sort of cultural obligation to dust off a certain CD (which I can only assume is entitled The UK's Naffest Christmas Tunes) and stick it on "repeat" for the next two months.

You simply cannot escape the bloody thing; it is played in every public place, every shop, every restaurant (last night we heard it in a Chinese restaurant, of all places!), every supermarket, etc. NON STOP.

It comprises a bizarre assortment of tired old clapped-out 80s tunes that we'd all tried to hard to forget. (The only exception being Feed the World, which does not deserve to be lumped in with such poor company).

Incredibly, none of these tunes are proper Christmas carols; they're merely secular "seasonal songs" which talk about Christmas in a vague sort of way instead of celebrating the message behind the event.

But what really sticks in my craw is the fact that this CD suddenly becomes the nation's voice throughout the entire Christmas period. What's the deal there? Whatever happened to individuality, initiative, variety and imagination? Whatever happened to traditional Christmas carols? Whatever happened to someone saying "Hey, isn't it time that thing went out in the wheely bin? Let's try a new set of tunes this year!"

It's one thing to celebrate a genuine tradition; it's quite another to demonstrate one's slavish adherence to the musical equivalent of second-hand tat.
I completely agree Vash, Perhaps the problem is that It's gone so far that people wouldn't recognise Christmas without it! It's almost become part of the whole Christmas tradition in the UK. Even worse, some people I know, mentioning no names, like my Mother, actually go out and buy a new copy every year, when it's the same CD, just re-packaged with a different cover!

(They shouldn't put "The Power of Love" by Frankie on it either, in my opinion. Off goes baglady, humming "last christmas... I gave you my heart.....")
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 8:32 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Whatever happened to traditional Christmas carols?

Try Classic FM if you have a short attention span, or BBC Radio 3 if you have a longer attention span. Carols from Kings is always good...
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 9:09 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Australian Jingle Bells

Originally Posted by baglady
I completely agree Vash, Perhaps the problem is that It's gone so far that people wouldn't recognise Christmas without it! It's almost become part of the whole Christmas tradition in the UK. Even worse, some people I know, mentioning no names, like my Mother, actually go out and buy a new copy every year, when it's the same CD, just re-packaged with a different cover!
!!!

(They shouldn't put "The Power of Love" by Frankie on it either, in my opinion. Off goes baglady, humming "last christmas... I gave you my heart.....")
I agree! (But mainly because I don't like the song...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.