Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Ingenuity

Australian Ingenuity

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Australian Ingenuity

Australian ingenuity:
The only two tools you need are WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the tape.
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 11:17 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Ingenuity

Originally posted by Rossi
Australian ingenuity:
The only two tools you need are WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the tape.
Come they love a bit of fibre glass as well if it has a dent.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Come they love a bit of fibre glass as well if it has a dent.
Looks like we'll fit right in -our whole house is held together by squirty foam! (Also got duck tape to seal a crack in the fridge door...)
Larissa
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I thought it was the opposite, power tools. Nobody seems to hammer in a nail unless it had a great big compressor on the end, gerni (water blaster on compressor) to clean a window, vaccumn machines to vaccumn the drive. Fathers day forget socks its cordless drills all round. We even have electricaly charged torches. Had the house painted, sure enough, compressors out paints on. When we were in suburbia, sundays would blow you away with the flamin noise.

For the girls, bread makers, nice in summer, pasta makers, great if you have an moring to spare And irons that have a barrel attached, cant explain that one I am not very domesticated Hot christmas idea, electric floor mop, dont think I'll get one I'd probably blow it up.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:15 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rossi
Australian ingenuity:
Ha ha haaa!

This is so true! And it reminds me of travelling. One thing I've never left home without when off on my travels is some duct tape. From taping down shampoo bottle tops to fixing broken backpacks, you can't beat a bit of duct tape. I even fixed a broken radio with some duct tape and a peanut. And I'm not even an aussie!
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I have never seen so many gadgets & electrical things in the shops as I have here. There is something for everything - anything to make your lives slightly easier but doesn't really cos they are too puch of a pain in the arse to use.

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:01 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

don't they have no 8 wire in Oz?? That's all a Kiwi needs...
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:51 am
Goodpubmisser

Thumbs up

Australian Ingenuity:

Australian Flag: put in a miniature of someone else’s flag (the Union Jack) and then add a few stars.

New Zealand flag: copy the Australian flag but change the stars slightly.

Australia should go to war with New Zealand.

Why?

Because they are the only ones that we can beat!

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:27 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
I thought it was the opposite, power tools. Nobody seems to hammer in a nail unless it had a great big compressor on the end, gerni (water blaster on compressor) to clean a window, vaccumn machines to vaccumn the drive. Fathers day forget socks its cordless drills all round. We even have electricaly charged torches. Had the house painted, sure enough, compressors out paints on. When we were in suburbia, sundays would blow you away with the flamin noise.

For the girls, bread makers, nice in summer, pasta makers, great if you have an moring to spare And irons that have a barrel attached, cant explain that one I am not very domesticated Hot christmas idea, electric floor mop, dont think I'll get one I'd probably blow it up.
Exactly the same here nowadays Dotty Just give it a couple more weeks and the bloody adverts for Christmas gadgets that no-one could live without will be blitzing the TV screens. Remember those companies that you never hear about until it's useless gift time Ronco, Remington and K-Tell spring to mind straight away
Sean
ooooh lovely a nasal hair trimmer not!!! and while I'm thinking along this line oil of ulay/Olay that's like saying merry Christmas dear by the way your skins bloody awful
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Originally posted by dotty

sounds like gadget man heaven, lets all pray to the god of power tools.
Oh and no female priests.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 4:00 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi Rossi,
be carefull with the tape.
At work recently we discovered that someone had cost cut the balck tape. It was now almost US, a pale immitation of black tape of old.:scared: :scared: :scared:

Luckily they hadn't affected the grey, so now everything is grey not black.

Bye
Markeh

PS
cable ties can do alot as well!

Last edited by markeh; Oct 23rd 2003 at 4:04 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 5:34 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

There was a similar kind of thing in the Armed Forces

If it moves....Salute it

If it doesn't.....Paint It!!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:16 pm
WBB

Originally posted by brisbec
There was a similar kind of thing in the Armed Forces

If it moves....Salute it

If it doesn't.....Paint It!!!!