Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Immunisation/Vaccination history?

Australian Immunisation/Vaccination history?

Old May 4th 2004, 10:18 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Australian Immunisation/Vaccination history?

Hi everyone,

I'm actually an Aussie/Brit (dual national), living in the UK who is immigrating to the USA. Confused?

Anyway i'm at a loss. I need to obtain my vaccination/immunisation history for the time I lived in Australia (1987-2001) for U.S. Immigration. I have contacted my old highschool, doctors surgery, HIC, Medicare and none of them seem to have my vaccination history. They say the only have a child vaccination register which records my history up to the age of 7, well we moved from the UK to Australia when I was 7 so that blows me out of the water there.

Does anybody out there know if there is centralised vaccination/immunisation register for anyone over 7 in existence in Australia?

Thanks in advance

James
Old May 5th 2004, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Immunisation/Vaccination history?

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hi everyone,

I'm actually an Aussie/Brit (dual national), living in the UK who is immigrating to the USA. Confused?

Anyway i'm at a loss. I need to obtain my vaccination/immunisation history for the time I lived in Australia (1987-2001) for U.S. Immigration. I have contacted my old highschool, doctors surgery, HIC, Medicare and none of them seem to have my vaccination history. They say the only have a child vaccination register which records my history up to the age of 7, well we moved from the UK to Australia when I was 7 so that blows me out of the water there.

Does anybody out there know if there is centralised vaccination/immunisation register for anyone over 7 in existence in Australia?

Thanks in advance

James
As far as I know, there is no central registry. I keep a record of what my kids have had and they've received them from more than one source. The people who give the shots may well have a record of what they gave you and when. But how many shots would you have had from the age of 7 to 21 anyway? Most immunisation is complete by the age of 5. Couldn't your parents tell you where you got the missing shots?

In my area the local council runs immunisation clinics for children - which is where most of my kids shots were done when they were little. They were able to give me a certificate - to prove that my children were immunised - before they started High School.
You could try contacting the Health Officer for the council you lived in - but they can only help if you got your shots there.