Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Government Stimulus Payments

Australian Government Stimulus Payments

Old Feb 15th 2009, 1:57 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian Government Stimulus Payments

I have prepared this article - not least because I have an interest in a personal capacity!
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=494

Hopefully also of interest to some others.

Best regards.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:05 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Australian Government Stimulus Payments

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
I have prepared this article - not least because I have an interest in a personal capacity!

Best regards.
When the opposition opposed the package, the government did say that the payments would be delayed, due to that happening.

However, it hasn't actually been delayed, and Centrelink are on target to make their $900 payments on March 11th.

The Tax office also have no delays and will be paying out their $900 payments on April 6th.

I will also be looking forward to my $1,600 extra for a new Hot Water system on July 1st, on top of our 3 lots of $900.

$4,300 of taxpayers money all mine !!!

It is stupid

Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:09 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
When the opposition opposed the package, the government did say that the payments would be delayed, due to that happening.

However, it hasn't actually been delayed, and Centrelink are on target to make their $900 payments on March 11th.

The Tax office also have no delays and will be paying out their $900 payments on April 6th.

I will also be looking forward to my $1,600 extra for a new Hot Water system on July 1st, on top of our 3 lots of $900.

$4,300 of taxpayers money all mine !!!

It is stupid
glad to hear the dates are confirmed and wont have to wait until end of tax year
lesley x
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:14 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by snow-white
glad to hear the dates are confirmed and wont have to wait until end of tax year
lesley x
Except for those who lodge FTB claims annually, who do have to wait until after lodgement, at least for the FTB linked payments, in the same way as the last payments were done.

Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Except for those who lodge FTB claims annually, who do have to wait until after lodgement, at least for the FTB linked payments, in the same way as the last payments were done.
so last time we got the $900 per child through centrelink into the bank account this will be the same this time around on april 6th?
seeing as im mum of 6 this will come in very handy as husband has been unemployed for last 8 weeks and starts new job this week thankfully
lesley x
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:11 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a wee bit confused- I thought we were going to (understandably) luck out of these payments because we've only recently arrived but this link: http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...ts_feb2009.htm suggests it's based on eligibility as of the 3rd of February 2009- at that point we were here and earning and will be eligible for FTB etc but haven't yet completed our claim.

Are we eligible for our kids- 2 primary aged kids?

Thanks in advance, BB
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:16 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say probably, yes.

Best regards.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:20 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh!

Thanks for speedy reply
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:40 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I'm a wee bit confused- I thought we were going to (understandably) luck out of these payments because we've only recently arrived but this link: http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...ts_feb2009.htm suggests it's based on eligibility as of the 3rd of February 2009- at that point we were here and earning and will be eligible for FTB etc but haven't yet completed our claim.

Are we eligible for our kids- 2 primary aged kids?

Thanks in advance, BB
You would only be entitled to the Centrelink payment, not the Tax Office payment.

ie:
2 Payments, at $900 each, for the children if you receive FTB part A
and possibly:
1 Payment of $900, if one partner is also eligible for FTB part B.

Centrelink payments
The Centrelink payments are currently scheduled to be made during 11th to 20th March for people who receive FTB fortnightly, or after they have lodged the FTB and Tax Return forms after June 30 2009, if they receive their FTB payment annually.
Eligibility for these, relate to you being eligible for an FTB payment on Feb 3rd 2009.
This eligibility can be backdated by Centrelink for those who claim late, but are still deemed to qualify for FTB payments for that date.

Your payment "may" be delayed until the end of the year, depending on how Centrelink treat your claim.

Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

The personal element of the stimulus package is madness and is nothing more than an bribe ie look how nice Mr Rudd hands out all this money and the nasty opposition don't want you to have it. The fact that every economist says it won't work is irrelevant to krudd. The sad fact is that Australia will be paying for this irresponsibility for decades.

The other elements of the stimulus package are good and will have an effect . It's just a shame that so much has gone on the cash bribes as that money would have paid for something like a high speed train between Sydney and Canberra (or something similar) which would have had a lasting effect and been a much much larger stimulus to the economy.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett

Best regards.
Thanks Alan,
Nice post.
So with those limits it's no gonna apply to us!

cheers,
K.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:09 am
---

Thanks for your reply ABCDiamond
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:22 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I won't be sending the money back (on account of the fact that we're broke) - I do believe this is the most fantastic waste of money I've ever witnessed. Quite how doling out a couple of grand to the citizens is 'nationbuilding' I don't know - only person who'll do well out of this in the long term is Gerry Harvey.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
only person who'll do well out of this in the long term is Gerry Harvey.
Some beach hut owner on Ko Phan Gan will be getting mine!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by bcworld
Some beach hut owner on Ko Phan Gan will be getting mine!
mine will be going to the mortgage company to get us out the financial hole that we found ourselves in through being paid off at xmas , so to us it will benefit greatly.
lesley x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.